Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting to pdf or AutoCAD...HELP!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
KFrankenberger
1594 Views, 5 Replies

exporting to pdf or AutoCAD...HELP!

For some reason when I try to export my current drawing to a pdf (or AutoDesk 2007 DWG for that matter) it won't do anything but show the export progress window and states Updated Views: 0/4. There is a bar which usually starts showing green slowly across it for "progress" , but that is not filling up with green, it is just staying blank and empty like no progress is happening. This goes on forever and so I stop and try again only to get the same result!

Any help on this would be appreciated!

In the past it has worked fine and on a small DWG file or a 3D assembly (not a dwg) it is still working.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dimes26
in reply to: KFrankenberger

Can anyone help on this? I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy.

Thank you

Message 3 of 6
blair

Can you try a IDW file and see if it works

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 6
BriHecato

Has any1 find a solution in two years?

I got Inventor HSM 2015.

Have designed two parts - place them on drawing - saved into the IDW successfully - but when i try to save as DWG or DXF Inventor stuck at "Exporting" Dialog without any progress..

All views have icons in model tree with red line strike diagonally - I've read that is has something with "raster view" but I have restart PC and app to make sure that i don't place views in raster state but icons are still strike through with red line.

Can't get over it...

Message 5 of 6
blair
in reply to: BriHecato

Just because the people never responed and marked the post as solved doesn't mean it's still outstanding.

1.) Check your Add-In manager in Inventor that all the translators are installed and active.

2.) Try logging in with a different user account, prefferably one with Admin priv.

3.) Post a screen capture with the "red" icons in the drawing browser.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 6

I've encountered this problem too. I simply restarted the program. I think it has something to do with pages or models not refreshing correctly because when I reopened my idw fille, I had a bunch of pending page updates (lighting bolt icon). Hopefully someone else that searches this up can try this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report