Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
egghead
218 Views, 5 Replies

export question

Is there anyway to export a part or assembly in such a way that i can send to a client where they can open and rotate it etc without them having to have a program to do this.

I know there used to be something like edrawign that allowed this but wondered what there was for use with Inventor 2013.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: egghead

they can install inventor viewer and you can just give the .iam or .ipt file or export to .dwf they can use design review

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
jletcher

I would send a DWF with self viewer or have them download free viewer.

Message 4 of 6
egghead

how do i do it with self viewer.

Message 5 of 6
jletcher

I will have to find the link it was a thrid party software that lets you view DWF without downloading the viewer it is just that a viewer cannot do all the things DWF viewer can. It lets you rotate and turn parts off and on thats it. I will see if I can find the link..

Oh to add what you do is make DWF then run this 3rd party software on it and it makes it a self view file some how.. Works great when you send to customers that have an IT department that will not load anything.

Message 6 of 6
egghead

Thats just what i am looking for, i just want to be able to forward a DWF file to a client and for them to be able to rotate it and look around the equipment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report