Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

{error} the database in (path of file) could not be opened

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dsmdude
1557 Views, 2 Replies

{error} the database in (path of file) could not be opened

I have gotten this error several times out of nowhere.  I have been working on a drawing either an .ipt or .idw, have saved it a million times then out of nowhere when I do some function, create a dimension, line, delete something, save the file, I would get this eror:

Delete sheet: problems encountered while executing this command.

- the databse in \\filepath\filename.idw could not be opened

- the databse in \\filepath\filename.idw could not be opened

I just got this trying to delete a sheet, now anything I do it cannot go forward.  If I close the file then I canoot reopen it.  it will give me the same error. 

I did nothing for this to happen.  it happens to me just about every other part that I create. I sometimes get saved by the old versions, but sometimes I lose alot because I have not saved the file in some time. 

Please HELP HELP HELP!!

Autodesk Inventor LT 2011

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dsmdude
in reply to: dsmdude

The database in \\filepath\filename could not be opened

The database in \\filepath\filename could not be opened severity: SEVERITY_ERROR, facility: ($FFFFFFFF) severity: SEVERITY_ERROR, facility: ($FFFFFFFF) severity: SEVERITY_ERROR, facility: ($FFFFFFFF) severity: SEVERITY_ERROR, facility: ($FFFFFFFF) severity: SEVERITY_ERROR, facility: ($FFFFFFFF) severity: SEVERITY_ERROR, facility: ($FFFFFFFF)

Message 3 of 3
dsmdude
in reply to: dsmdude

Trying to save it to close the program:

Problems encountered while saving the document.
     The database in \\filepath\filename could not be opened
       The database in \\\filepath\filename could not be opened
         File \\filepath\filename version 9 could not be located at the given path nor at \\filepath\filename .
           Error opening a storage in database \\filepath\filename

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report