Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.dxf

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mallesh.r
308 Views, 4 Replies

.dxf

Hello...

I am having nearly 30 to 20 flatpatterns in .dxf format I just want to confirm whether the scale is 1:1 or not that just a cross verification.

Can anyone tell what is the best practice to check?

Mallesh Rane

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: mallesh.r

open the dxf and check...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
mallesh.r

I think when we open any .dxf in inventor with non 1:1 scale also  shows 1:1 scale. OK if I want to check the scale in autocad what is the procedure?

Thank you

Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto

If it is originally drawn or created 1:1 you have a scale option during insertion.  If you bring it in 1:1

then that is what you should get.  There is no hard fast way of knowing other then opening up the file.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
harco

If you save from drawing there is a chance it may not be 1:1.

Try to export face from model then you should be guaranteed 1:1 if you have modeled 1:1.

To check dxf in autocad just open and place some dimensions to see, they will generally be all correct or all wrong as proportions won't change.

Although make sure your dim style is scale 1:1.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report