Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing views to stay

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
akosi
208 Views, 2 Replies

drawing views to stay

i created an idw of an assembly. made some breaklines to fit the length of the assembly.

now i added or deleted some component which affects the length of the assembly thus affects the view.

now my question is:

is there a way to keep one of the side to be fixed so i have less adjusting to do?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: akosi

@akosi wrote:

i created an idw of an assembly. made some breaklines to fit the length of the assembly.

now i added or deleted some component which affects the length of the assembly thus affects the view.

now my question is:

is there a way to keep one of the side to be fixed so i have less adjusting to do?

I cannot see any way of locking one end of the break in a view.  This would be very handy to have.  Might be a candidate for the Idea Station, unless someone else has any ideas?

Message 3 of 3
blair
in reply to: cbenner

The only option you have is in the Justification setting of the Display Options for the Drawing View. You have a choice of "Centered" of "Fixed". The default is "Centered", never played with the fixed. The Help for this is vague on this setting. Nice idea, as Chis posted, well worth adding to the IdeaStation.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report