Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dimensioning a variable length occurrence pattern on a drawing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
stephanbotes
654 Views, 2 Replies

dimensioning a variable length occurrence pattern on a drawing

Does anybody have a way to add new leader lines to an ordinate dimensioning in order to dimension a variable length rectangular occurence pattern?

I have an assembly that is basically a ladder frame. the number and spacing of the "rungs" or crossmembers is controlled in the assembly by an ilogic rule based on parameters from an external excel sheet. 

While im a decent programmer and have mostly figured out the basics of interacting with assembly and part files using ilogic rules i have so far not dabbled with the drawings so really have no idea how that aspect of the object model works... 

This is kinda the last part of the puzzle in getting me to the panacea of a completely automated cad model with an adaptive model controlled by external parameters that then automatically updates all associated drawings and documentation. 

I am hoping to be able to loop through the assembly and attach leader lines to the same point on every member of the occurence pattern... not really sure if thats possible...

attached is a screenshot of the drawing as it is now without the automation, demonstrating the lack of leader lines on the parts influenced by the changes in the assembly due to the ilogic rules.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mdavis22569
in reply to: stephanbotes

I'm new to Ilogic .. so please excuse me asking it this way

but can't you give it a command to Ordinate dimension all holes, maybe based on an input size ...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
stephanbotes
in reply to: mdavis22569

the holes that could be used to show the layout of the frame are not visible in the view i need to use in order to show the layout of the crossmembers. Additionally in the assembly process the crossmembers are placed and then the holes are drilled accordingly rather than drilling the holes and placing the crossmembers accrodingly. 

As such i need to dimension to the face/edge of the crossmembers....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report