Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dimension from quadrant of circle to appt intersection on a cirlce

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
carey.olson
1787 Views, 2 Replies

dimension from quadrant of circle to appt intersection on a cirlce

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: carey.olson

Carey,

Welcome to the forum.

Take a look at this link.  See if it helps you.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Tangent-Dimensioning-of-Arcs/td-p/3317169

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: carey.olson

My solution below is in Inventor 2013, but since you didn't tell us what version you're using, I don't know if you can open it.

This isn't as easy as it ought to be, but here's how I did it (see attached).  I created a view sketch, projected the two arcs, and created an arc concentric with the big "circle" as an extension to show the complete circle (set to the Dimension layer).  I then put in a Sketch-Only line between the arc centers, then a normal line tanget to the sketched arc and perpendicular to the previous line.  This last line is purely for something to dimension to.  I exited the sketch, then created a dimension between the tangent line just placed and the quadrant of the small arc.  Then I went back into the sketch and changed that tangent line to Sketch Only so it is not visible.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report