Inventor General Discussion

Reply
*Vincas
Message 1 of 4 (60 Views)

dimension constrain to coordinate system

60 Views, 3 Replies
11-21-2002 03:01 PM
I want to ask simple question: in sketch how to constrain for example the
line's point to coordinate system? I can not snap the dimention to cordinate
axis or 0,0 point. I usualy draw two crossing lines (which represents my
coordinate system) and when fix them. So then I can snap other objects to
these lines.
thanks for answering
*Keller, Kent
Message 2 of 4 (60 Views)

Re: dimension constrain to coordinate system

11-21-2002 03:06 PM in reply to: *Vincas
Use the project tool to project the origin point or axis

--
Kent Keller
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

http://www.MyMcad.com/KWiK/Mcad.htm

"Vincas" wrote in message
news:24097CCCCEDEAB615567CB0EF14CC87E@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I want to ask simple question: in sketch how to constrain for example the
> line's point to coordinate system? I can not snap the dimention to
cordinate
> axis or 0,0 point. I usualy draw two crossing lines (which represents my
> coordinate system) and when fix them. So then I can snap other objects to
> these lines.
> thanks for answering
>
>
*Vincas
Message 3 of 4 (60 Views)

Re:

11-21-2002 03:38 PM in reply to: *Vincas
yes, but is there a possibility to put the dimension from the line to for
example x axis in a clean sketch, then there is no part created. mayby I
have to put a tick in options somethere.



"Kent Keller" wrote in message
news:smileyvery-happy:E07E47D43C765CC43A300027EE7C2C9@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Use the project tool to project the origin point or axis
>
> --
> Kent Keller
> Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
>
> http://www.MyMcad.com/KWiK/Mcad.htm
>
> "Vincas" wrote in message
> news:24097CCCCEDEAB615567CB0EF14CC87E@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I want to ask simple question: in sketch how to constrain for example
the
> > line's point to coordinate system? I can not snap the dimention to
> cordinate
> > axis or 0,0 point. I usualy draw two crossing lines (which represents my
> > coordinate system) and when fix them. So then I can snap other objects
to
> > these lines.
> > thanks for answering
> >
> >
>
>
*KJohnson
Message 4 of 4 (60 Views)

Re:

11-21-2002 08:54 PM in reply to: *Vincas
Start your sketch. Project the axis and then dimension. Expand the origin
folder and select the x axis.
You don't need any geometry to project anything in the origin folder.

Kathy Johnson
"Vincas" wrote in message
news:6947489BA45284F643911672AFF9F31D@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> yes, but is there a possibility to put the dimension from the line to for
> example x axis in a clean sketch, then there is no part created. mayby I
> have to put a tick in options somethere.
>
>
>
> "Kent Keller" wrote in message
> news:smileyvery-happy:E07E47D43C765CC43A300027EE7C2C9@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Use the project tool to project the origin point or axis
> >
> > --
> > Kent Keller
> > Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
> >
> > http://www.MyMcad.com/KWiK/Mcad.htm
> >
> > "Vincas" wrote in message
> > news:24097CCCCEDEAB615567CB0EF14CC87E@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > I want to ask simple question: in sketch how to constrain for example
> the
> > > line's point to coordinate system? I can not snap the dimention to
> > cordinate
> > > axis or 0,0 point. I usualy draw two crossing lines (which represents
my
> > > coordinate system) and when fix them. So then I can snap other objects
> to
> > > these lines.
> > > thanks for answering
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.