Inventor General Discussion

Reply
*Frodason, Finnur P.
Message 1 of 7 (44 Views)

cross part extrusion

44 Views, 6 Replies
11-27-2002 10:44 PM
It's not even Monday but I'm realy daft today.
How do I extrude a shared sketch to the surface of another part. The surface
is concave
I cannot find anything in the help files.
Thanks in advance

Finnur P.
*Caldwell, Larry
Message 2 of 7 (44 Views)

Re: cross part extrusion

11-28-2002 12:01 AM in reply to: *Frodason, Finnur P.
In an ipt? If you're doing it in an ipt, you can use the To terminator on
the concave surface. If you're trying to do the same thing in an iam, don't
think you can use the To termination on a concave surface. However, if it is
for an iam, back in the ipt, you can extrude a concave surface to extrude
your shared (or not shared) sketch to, then instance it in the iam and
constrain it I think.
~Larry

"Finnur P. Frodason" wrote in message
news:983ABA1C8BD6DE04BBA71B74539EA0CA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> It's not even Monday but I'm realy daft today.
> How do I extrude a shared sketch to the surface of another part. The
surface
> is concave
> I cannot find anything in the help files.
> Thanks in advance
>
> Finnur P.
>
>
*Caldwell, Larry
Message 3 of 7 (44 Views)

Re: cross part extrusion

11-28-2002 12:32 AM in reply to: *Frodason, Finnur P.
Well ... guess I lied ... there is a way to get it to work in an iam ... I
just went and tried it; made myself a liar ... again. Put an example in CF.
~Larry

"Finnur P. Frodason" wrote in message
news:983ABA1C8BD6DE04BBA71B74539EA0CA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> It's not even Monday but I'm realy daft today.
> How do I extrude a shared sketch to the surface of another part. The
surface
> is concave
> I cannot find anything in the help files.
> Thanks in advance
>
> Finnur P.
>
>
*Frodason, Finnur P.
Message 4 of 7 (44 Views)

Re:

11-28-2002 12:52 AM in reply to: *Frodason, Finnur P.
I'll post it to CF with the name "lampshade.zip"
I need to extrude the connector to the shape of the cone
Thanks

Finnur
"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
news:8E89A3089C5EC4E5079C0EC411A89D2D@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Well ... guess I lied ... there is a way to get it to work in an iam ... I
> just went and tried it; made myself a liar ... again. Put an example in
CF.
> ~Larry
>
> "Finnur P. Frodason" wrote in message
> news:983ABA1C8BD6DE04BBA71B74539EA0CA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > It's not even Monday but I'm realy daft today.
> > How do I extrude a shared sketch to the surface of another part. The
> surface
> > is concave
> > I cannot find anything in the help files.
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Finnur P.
> >
> >
>
>
*Caldwell, Larry
Message 5 of 7 (44 Views)

Re:

11-28-2002 11:15 PM in reply to: *Frodason, Finnur P.
I put an example of your file I did in CF. Not sure I followed all the dims
exactly, but check it out and see if it helps any.
~Larry


"Finnur P. Frodason" wrote in message
news:F718C28E9C350FAC21402FB7FF8FF4E4@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I'll post it to CF with the name "lampshade.zip"
> I need to extrude the connector to the shape of the cone
> Thanks
>
> Finnur
> "Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
> news:8E89A3089C5EC4E5079C0EC411A89D2D@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Well ... guess I lied ... there is a way to get it to work in an iam ...
I
> > just went and tried it; made myself a liar ... again. Put an example in
> CF.
> > ~Larry
> >
> > "Finnur P. Frodason" wrote in message
> > news:983ABA1C8BD6DE04BBA71B74539EA0CA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > It's not even Monday but I'm realy daft today.
> > > How do I extrude a shared sketch to the surface of another part. The
> > surface
> > > is concave
> > > I cannot find anything in the help files.
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >
> > > Finnur P.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Frodason, Finnur P.
Message 6 of 7 (44 Views)

Re:

11-28-2002 11:57 PM in reply to: *Frodason, Finnur P.
Thanks a lot. This is exactly what I wanted.
How did you make the "tubular" workplane? That's what I could not figure
out.
I work on it tomorrow.
Have a nice week end
Finnur
"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
news:AAE946EC502639D323A7E8F4294CEC4B@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I put an example of your file I did in CF. Not sure I followed all the
dims
> exactly, but check it out and see if it helps any.
> ~Larry
>
>
> "Finnur P. Frodason" wrote in message
> news:F718C28E9C350FAC21402FB7FF8FF4E4@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I'll post it to CF with the name "lampshade.zip"
> > I need to extrude the connector to the shape of the cone
> > Thanks
> >
> > Finnur
> > "Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
> > news:8E89A3089C5EC4E5079C0EC411A89D2D@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > Well ... guess I lied ... there is a way to get it to work in an iam
...
> I
> > > just went and tried it; made myself a liar ... again. Put an example
in
> > CF.
> > > ~Larry
> > >
> > > "Finnur P. Frodason" wrote in message
> > > news:983ABA1C8BD6DE04BBA71B74539EA0CA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > > It's not even Monday but I'm realy daft today.
> > > > How do I extrude a shared sketch to the surface of another part. The
> > > surface
> > > > is concave
> > > > I cannot find anything in the help files.
> > > > Thanks in advance
> > > >
> > > > Finnur P.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Caldwell, Larry
Message 7 of 7 (44 Views)

Re:

11-29-2002 01:58 AM in reply to: *Frodason, Finnur P.
It's a revolved surface made using a 3D Intersection and an axis.
~Larry

"Finnur P. Frodason" wrote in message
news:F6B4B1B07948346A2055338B6624CAE7@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Thanks a lot. This is exactly what I wanted.
> How did you make the "tubular" workplane? That's what I could not figure
> out.
> I work on it tomorrow.
> Have a nice week end
> Finnur
> "Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
> news:AAE946EC502639D323A7E8F4294CEC4B@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I put an example of your file I did in CF. Not sure I followed all the
> dims
> > exactly, but check it out and see if it helps any.
> > ~Larry
> >
> >
> > "Finnur P. Frodason" wrote in message
> > news:F718C28E9C350FAC21402FB7FF8FF4E4@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > I'll post it to CF with the name "lampshade.zip"
> > > I need to extrude the connector to the shape of the cone
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Finnur
> > > "Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
> > > news:8E89A3089C5EC4E5079C0EC411A89D2D@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > > Well ... guess I lied ... there is a way to get it to work in an iam
> ...
> > I
> > > > just went and tried it; made myself a liar ... again. Put an example
> in
> > > CF.
> > > > ~Larry
> > > >
> > > > "Finnur P. Frodason" wrote in message
> > > > news:983ABA1C8BD6DE04BBA71B74539EA0CA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > > > It's not even Monday but I'm realy daft today.
> > > > > How do I extrude a shared sketch to the surface of another part.
The
> > > > surface
> > > > > is concave
> > > > > I cannot find anything in the help files.
> > > > > Thanks in advance
> > > > >
> > > > > Finnur P.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community


Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube