Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Mentor
GSE_Dan_A
Message 11 of 14 (75 Views)

Re: course material

06-28-2012 07:03 AM in reply to: lougalea

I did a week long course held by Imaginit.  They provided 2 books, classroom tutorials and hands on training.  It was overall pretty good!  I use the books a lot for reference as they provide pretty good step by step instructions and tutorials.  All tutorials performed come with a CD and can be accessed at any time.  I would say it has helped me with my advancement in Inventor.  I took the Basic Introduction to Solid Modelling.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 12 of 14 (73 Views)

06-28-2012 07:07 AM in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

now all of their books don't come with a cd anymore

all the datasets are on a a ftp website

the address is found on the inside of the book

*Expert Elite*
Mark_Flayler
Message 13 of 14 (63 Views)

06-28-2012 07:28 AM in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

I'm a little biased on this (since I wrote a few of the exercises) so I'll just add to the ebook conversation...

http://blogs.rand.com/ascent/2012/04/ebooks-in-the-classroom.html

Now I have done an iPad class with the books and it was awesome.  The students can subscribe to my notes so when I make omissions or course corrections or make a point about concepts they can instantly see the notes in their iPad version (which also works on a desktop application or Android device).  It went over very well.

Mark Flayler Application Engineer - Manufacturing Solutions Division
IMAGINiT's Manufacturing Solutions Blog:
http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/
*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 14 of 14 (60 Views)

06-28-2012 07:50 AM in reply to: lougalea

No I haven't taken these courses in the classroom.  I did do the advanced part modeling 2012 in the P-Now on-line course.

The courses I did take were the vault basic and admin.  What I found lacking is the admin course never provided

a manual to reference for later times and to follow and markup during the course.  Also, the course material didn't get real deep and left a lot of us asking more questions and feeling a complete understanding of the software.  In my opinion the time was too short and needed to be longer in order to cover the contents in greater detail.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.