Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

color scheme editor....

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
Mike686
5690 Views, 20 Replies

color scheme editor....

hi, i need help..

i was searching for a way to change the color of the project geometry,,

i've found this via the cad setter out

http://opendesignproject.org/2010/09/02/creating-a-new-application-color-scheme-in-autodesk-inventor...

i have install the color scheme editor

i did a backup of the registry using the reg export and save it elsewhere in my cpu

i've made one change to a color then it save

when i open inventor all the color scheme are messed up...

i was using winter night...and now my background color is green....in the part/assembly environement as well as in the drawing environnment...

i've try reopening the color scheme editor, fisrt it wont stop showing error message.. and even after i import the reg back up i've made and the change i've made is back to what it was before

i still have the green background...

i've also try to repair the program witch change nothing..

before reinstalling what can i do

please help

Product Design Suite 2017
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
PaulMunford
in reply to: Mike686

Sorry to hear that Mike - I hope someone from Autodesk will be able to help you...

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 21
Mike686
in reply to: PaulMunford

do you have any suggestion on that paul?

if i reinstall inventor would it solve this problem...

and what am i going to loose in the process??

i'm really stuck with this one , and i need to work with inventor today....

Message 4 of 21
philip.s

Hi Mike,

This isn't going to be much help but I wanted to let you know that we looked into this and received the following response (taken from the Readme file of the bonus tools).

“While Autodesk, Inc. has made reasonable efforts to verify and test the sample files ("Sample Files") and tools, including wizards (collectively "Tools") provided in this SDK, the SDK is provided solely on an "as is" basis, "with all faults". The SDK, the sample files and tools contained are employed at the sole risk of the user. Autodesk disclaims all express or implied conditions, representations, and warranties of any kind, including any implied warranty or condition or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or no infringement. The user is free to modify or customize the sample files provided, however Autodesk makes no representations, warranties, conditions or guaranties as to the quality, suitability for a particular purpose, or safety of user's other applications or data when used with the sample files or the tools.”

Again I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but I'm hoping that we can get additional community involvement on this thread to discover a potential workaround.

Message 5 of 21
Mike686
in reply to: philip.s

i understand...

but autodesk must know a way to reset the change made buy this application , no?

but now i must find a way to undo the damage

i don't really want to do it but if i uninstall inventor and reinstall it, will that restore my color

if i would have know it will cost me that much trouble just to change the color of some line

let me tell you that i wouldnt done it

and why do we need an outside application to change what color that type of line use etc....

Message 6 of 21
japike

Did you do a backup of the entire registry?

Is it possible that you didn't have write access to a portion of the registry when you tried to restore the registry? Where you using an administrator account?

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 7 of 21
Mike686
in reply to: japike

yes i did a backup as and how they suggest it when opening the read me file with the color scheme editor...

and for the adminstrator part... inventor is install on my computer, i dont have server or limitation since i work alone..

but if you need to set some thing up to have the possibility to rewrite the registry, then i'm not sure i was autorize to write access

whats weird is when i reopen the color scheme editor everything seem fine, the color show for each scheme seems ok..

and when i open a part file, check the attachements to see what i see

Message 8 of 21
PaulMunford

Hmm,

Thant could be caused by Inventor using the wrong background picture?

This post explains the steps to change it...

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/inventor-background-color-as-white.html

Message 9 of 21
Mike686
in reply to: PaulMunford

it the same in ipt, iam and dwg

Message 10 of 21
Mike686

i try changing the background color..

no matter the one i select, background still green

Message 11 of 21
Mike686

OH GREAT

it even messed up inventor 2012.... &*?&?&*$//"/"*&*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 12 of 21
Mike686

just to let you know guys... i had to uninstall and reinstall inventor, both 2012 and 2013 to get rid of the problem

and from now on, i'm staying away from the color scheme editor

Message 13 of 21
PaulMunford

I'm sory you had so much trouble with this Mike. But I'm glad tyou got it sorted out in the end!

Paul

Message 14 of 21
AKSC6EZ

Got the same problem here in Inv. 2018.
I changed the yellow mesh line color to grey in the winternight theme.
Ended up with all the colors mixed up and also a green background.
Also while making a sketch, the lines were not visible anymore...

Sucks that these options to change the color are not in inventor it self.

Anyway, I will reinstall Inventor again I guess....

Message 15 of 21
mcgyvr
in reply to: AKSC6EZ

@AKSC6EZ wrote:

Got the same problem here in Inv. 2018.
I changed the yellow mesh line color to grey in the winternight theme.
Ended up with all the colors mixed up and also a green background.
Also while making a sketch, the lines were not visible anymore...

Sucks that these options to change the color are not in inventor it self.

Anyway, I will reinstall Inventor again I guess....

Works just fine for me and always has in all versions.. Its just changing the settings that are in the registry which you can also just do via a registry edit (not recommended if you don't know what you are doing)..

You also may want to join the Inventor beta team.. You never know but your wish to have the color scheme editor built into Inventor maybe right around the corner. Smiley Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 16 of 21
AKSC6EZ
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks for the reply, good to hear something like that might be there soon!

I just filled in the survey to join the beta. Would love to join that.

The problem occured when I switched the registeryversion to the most recent one (22.1)
All the colors were set to white so i switched back to version 22.0, and changed the color there and pressed save.
After restarting Inventor all the colors were mixed up, also in the Color Scheme Editor...

After closing both down and restarting the editor, both registry versions had no Color Schemes to choose from, and all colors set to white.

Is it possible to import a (standart) registery from somewhere else (like my collegues)? So i can import it in mine again?  Or is that easier said then done Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 21
mcgyvr

@AKSC6EZ wrote:

Is it possible to import a (standart) registery from somewhere else (like my collegues)? So i can import it in mine again?  Or is that easier said then done Smiley Happy

@AKSC6EZ Yes you can simply open up the color scheme editor on their computer and go to backup..registry export... and save the file.. then do backup..registry import on your computer with that same file..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 18 of 21
AKSC6EZ

Tried to upload my collegue's register but no succes Smiley Sad

I keep getting the following message now:

Prntscrn_ColorSchemdeEditor.jpg

(Sorry it is all in Dutch)
My  translation:

an unprocessed exception appeared in the application. If you press continue, the error will be ignored and the application continues. If you press exit, the application will be closed.

The value of 1280000040 is not valid for alpha. Alpha must be bigger or equal to 0 and smaller or equal to 255.

In the backround you can see that all the Color Schemes are gone and “6” appeared in there, with all colors set to white…

If I upload the .reg of my colleague, the color schemes appear back again after displaying the same error first. If I press save, the color schemes in inventor are still messed up. I also cant use my own backgrounds anymore.

Message 19 of 21
mcgyvr

@AKSC6EZ

I think you may need to do a repair or reinstallation of Inventor.. (I think that should repair the broken registry)..

Somehow your registry seems to have been corrupted...

(I'm going to assume you didn't backup your registry before making the initial changes did you?)

Message 20 of 21
AKSC6EZ

Correct, stupidly so, I didn't Backup the registerSmiley Sad

I will reinstall soon, think that should fix the problem too.

Anyway, thanks for replys and help! Much appreciated!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report