Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

category properties

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
manuel.hoferer
231 Views, 6 Replies

category properties

Dear Sirs and Madams,

i have a question regarding to modify categorys in a user library. I havev to publishe a part into a special category in Inventor 2012. These category asks for an Parameter wich doesnt exist in my part. Actually is an ubselutelly useless Parameter so i want to delete it from category. The category was created by an user but i dont know how to delete the parameter. Only if i create a new Category i can change the category-properties just till its created.

Thankyou for each tip to delete an parameter from category.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jletcher
in reply to: manuel.hoferer

If it is a part post it and let us know what you don't want.

Message 3 of 7
manuel.hoferer
in reply to: jletcher

Thankyou for the fast answer. The problem is not @ the part. The problem is the category. I would like to understand generally how to change the properties of an allready existion category in a user-library.

Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto

How is this related to your other thread?

Are they one in the same?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 7
manuel.hoferer
in reply to: Cadmanto

The threads yre only indirect related. I have to clear a content-center. I have to moove existing families in another category but i have to change the properties of a category as well. I guess so if i could moove the familys i wouldn need to change the categorie because i could just create a new one and moofe all the families into it. But still, if its posible to change the properties i would love to know how.

Message 6 of 7
Cadmanto

Understand that once the properties are in a part that has already been published into the CC they cannot change.

But I have to ask.  Are we talking about dimensional properties or iproperties?

Can you post some images?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 7
manuel.hoferer
in reply to: Cadmanto

Sorry i described not very well.
In a userlibrary i have different categorys (profiles, screws,...) and there is a homemade category as well. If i klick right on these category i can choose parameters. There are some parameters optional and others necessary. So i need the necessary parameters in a part if i want to publicate it in these category. But i dont have it in my part and actually i dont need it in any part of these category. So i would love to delete these parameter from the category or set it optional.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report