Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot offset in inv2013

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rajeshindi
1178 Views, 5 Replies

cannot offset in inv2013

Hi,

I use INV 2013.  Recently I have noticed a problem.  I projected curves of a solid in to a sketch.  Then I wanted to offset the curves in to a sketch.  But, I am unable to do it.  I am not sure why?  I have 2012 INV and I tried the same.  No problem with it.  It works.  Again I tried in INV 2013 without much sucess.

To test, I created a simple solid rect. block.  Created a 2d sketch on the thickness surface.  Projected the curves in to sketch.  No problem until now.  Then I tried to offset the projected curves.  It doesnt work. 

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: rajeshindi

Attach file here that exhibits this behavior.

If you right click while in Offset command does it show Loop Select as active?

Offset.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
rajeshindi
in reply to: JDMather

Hi JDM,

Thnx for yr reply.

Pls refer to the attachment.

This is just an example.  Instead of offsetting the entire rectangle, I just want to offset only one line.  (doesn't matter for you to try any side)

Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
SBix26

You didn't tell us until now that you didn't want to offset the whole loop.  But it works here, with Loop Select or without.  If you only want part of the sketch offset, turn off Loop Select, then pick the sketch elements you want to offset, then right click > Continue.  Does it not work this way for you?

Message 5 of 6
rajeshindi
in reply to: SBix26

Hi,

Thanks.  Its working fine.  In INV 2012, there is no need to click continue after selecting individual curves.  But, in 2013 we need to. 

Thanks for your tip again.

Appreciated.

Message 6 of 6
JDMather

@rajeshindi wrote:
In INV 2012, there is no need to click continue

Are you sure about this?

See Tip #36 written back in 2006

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/AU2006/MA13-3%20Mather.pdf

and highligted for emphasis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report