Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot make box from imported dxf

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
515 Views, 4 Replies

cannot make box from imported dxf

Hi,

i want to import dxf into my sketch, and than Extrude shape to make a box. I cannot do this because Inventor says that he can find closed regions. Dxf is made in adobe illustrator. Can anyone tell what should I doo?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pball
in reply to: Anonymous

I had a similar issue with a profile I imported from a dwg. I used the sketch docotor (right click options) to fix the sketch up. It said the profile was open and then it walked me through closing the profile.

If you could post the file, someone might be able to help more if this doesn't help you out.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pball

I tried to use Doctor but he says that i have multiple points in the same position and when it tries to merge them an error occures with the message that points lie on the same curve. Im attaching a file.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

This is very simple geometry to create in Inventor (the imported fillets are splines rather than simple arcs).

Why not create it in Inventor?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

It's only a little fragment of very big sketch. I've cut it to make an example.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report