Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot fillet

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Zac-C
661 Views, 9 Replies

cannot fillet

Hi

What do i need to change to get a 0.5mm fillet around the Extrusion 7 ,Extrusion 6 and Extrusion 3...i tried making new solids these 3 features and then combine to get 1 part so as the fillet but it didn not work...any thoughts?

Cheers

INV - 2013

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CCarreiras
in reply to: Zac-C

Hi!

I split in 3 solids, apllyed the fillet and combine... no problem.

1.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
Zac-C

Thanks

Would you have the .ipt file instead of the .stp file....would like to see how you performed the split

Cheers

Message 4 of 10
Zac-C

Ok i see you have Inv 2014 whereas i am using Inv 2013.....how did you split the 3 solids...i had look with split tool but not worked out how you avchieved...do you have sample for 2013 or steps on how you did?

Thanks

Message 5 of 10
bob_holland

ijc,

I think the issue is with your sculpts.

I think you are going to need to rework the model.

If you have full Inventor I would make it an assembly.

If you have LT, I would make it a multi body solid.

I would recommend that you rebuild the posts as two extrusions with a loft in the middle and then shell it to the pipe thickness.

I would also make each plate a separate extrusion.

If nothing on it will ever change, You do have the STL that was provided.

I know that this is not the answer you were wanting but I think that this will better serve you in the long run.

Have a great rest of your day.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 6 of 10
Zac-C
in reply to: bob_holland

Thanks Bob

I did think of assembly originally but would you have example please on this responce as i am not quite sure of your meaning

Also each plate do you mean the Extrusions 3 ,6 & 7

Thank you

IJC INV 2013

Message 7 of 10
Zac-C

For this particular part it will never change.I have the .stl file but would like to see it in INV 2013 .ipt file so i can see how the fillet was applied.I want to see how the responder split the part in to 3 and made the fillet  and then combined.I tried but am not getting the result.Thank you

Message 8 of 10
Zac-C

Hi Carlos

I now have access to Inventor 2014 and would like to know if you could post your Inventor 2014 file which shows how you split into 3 solids and then recombined for the fillet to work

Thank you

Message 9 of 10
rdyson

Another way and probably closer to real life.

PDSU 2016
Message 10 of 10
Zac-C
in reply to: rdyson

rdyson....thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report