Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bolts reference

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tom.boh
223 Views, 3 Replies

bolts reference

Here we go again...

some time ago I had a problem with lost references, see this thread

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Bolts-references-lost/td-p/3089966

bolt references were lost as soon as I moved to a new CAD station (even thoug both stations were installed with the same version of Inventor 2011)

Last time I just copied content of C:\Users\tbohdano\Documents\Inventor\Content Center Files\R2011 on my old cad station to the new station and it solved the problem

This time I have installed Inventor 2012 (not without problems) and I tried to open one of the assemblies. I started the appropriate project and opened the assy. And I got an error saying that a link is unresolved and asking me to point to the bolt file - see attached file.

Now the name of the file Inventor is looking for is clearly visible - the file is there but somehow Inventor doesn't want to use it unless I click on it. The file was created using inventor 2011 but surly latest version should be able to handle it? If I manually click on it, Inventor can open the assembly. Now if I save and close this assy and try opening it again, it still comes up with the same problem. As if saving the assy hasn't repaired broken references.

Does anybody have an idea what is the solution to this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ampster401
in reply to: tom.boh

2012 defaults to looking in the 2012 folder for already-created CC parts.

2011 created CC parts will be stored in the 2011 folder, which 2012 isn't setup to look in by default.

Message 3 of 4
tom.boh
in reply to: ampster401

I have copied the content of the 2011 folder into 2012.

Inventor clearly looks in there (as my screen shot shows) but fails to open the file which is already there.

Will I have the same problem with every inventor upgrade?

Message 4 of 4
tom.boh
in reply to: tom.boh

Nice how Autodesk guys storm in here with an advice or at least an empty promise to sort it out in Inventor 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report