Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bolted connections won't highlight

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mwhite
438 Views, 6 Replies

bolted connections won't highlight

I've looked for a thread on this and only found one and it hadn't been replied to so I apologize in advance if I'm reposting or whatever its called Smiley Happy

I've created 3 bolted connections without fasteners. When I need to edit one I go to the browser and click on a random one and look for it to be highlighted in the browser so I can work my way through the three until I get the one I need to edit, normally when editing a part or assy I would click on the part and open or use "find in browser" but I don't think I can do that with BC's. The problem is none of the 3 I click on in the browser are highlighted in the window (see screen shots), leaving me to have to go to each individual one in the browser, right click and select "edit using design accelerator " to actually get them to highlight. Now this is just annoying with 3 bolted connections but with hundreds (which would be the case if I used them all the time like I want to) it would be a catastrophe Smiley Surprised . Maybe I'm doing this wrong, If so please advise.

As I mentioned I've uploaded screen shots.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mike

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: mwhite

Mike,

I get the issue you are having is when you select the BC in the browser it does not highlight in the model.  The part I am confused about is when you say you have three BC's without fasteners.  That means to be that you have three empty BC's in which case what would highlight if they are empty?  Not to mention I didn't know you could have BC's that were empty without fasteners.

What am I missing with this statement.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
mwhite
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi Cadmanto, thanks for the reply. For some reason I don't quite get we don't use content center for our fasteners, not my call or we would. and yes you can make what at least what Inventor calls bolted connections Smiley Happy without CC fasteners (see browser bar in screenshot 3), I guess I just assumed when I clicked on the the bolted connection in the browser it would highlight the features its creates for that individual connection. Maybe this is the issue, us not using content center fasteners. When you create a BC can you highlight them in the window by clicking on the browser icon/node? I mean is this your experience? And if so does it only highlight the fastener or does it also highlight the features it creates?

thanks,

Mike

Message 4 of 7
mwhite

Also we're still using 2013.
Message 5 of 7
blair

The Bolted Connection requires fasteners from the CC, either the stock ones or if you have published your own library.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 7
Cadmanto

I have only used parts from the CC for bolted connections and from what I remember, it did highlight in the model when you tagged it in the browser.

Can't say that I remember it showing the created hole though.  Not saying it didn't, just don't remember.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 7
mwhite

thanks guys

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report