Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic global/local update does not work anymore when working with constrains

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jschaap
1727 Views, 2 Replies

automatic global/local update does not work anymore when working with constrains

when i am in assembly mode and use constrains to get my parts together, i now always have to do a global/local update (at the top off the screen) to get my parts going to the constrains specified. it just happened today. very strang because normally i use the constrain dialog, hear the audio notification (which still does).. press "apply" and the part is where it needs to be. now constantly after exiting the constrain dialog box i have to to "update".. is the a switch for this to put on or off? (auto update)... never had this before and it is very annoying, unworkable.. happend today eand cant get it back

HELP! THANKS!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BMiller63
in reply to: jschaap

did you test this with a small, two part assembly made from scratch?

this will help determine if it is a setting within Inventor, a issue with your system (such as a graphics card hicup), or something to do with the file set you're currently working on.

i suspect the latter.

Message 3 of 3
jschaap
in reply to: BMiller63

i looked around the board here and found the "defer update"option. unchecked it.. problem solved... i guess

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report