Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autodesk constraint change listing 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
not2013
210 Views, 4 Replies

autodesk constraint change listing 2012

Recently installed 2013, previously had 2011inv.  Trying to find out exactly what the constraint changes are from 2011 to 2012 inv.  I as told that there was a post here with them, but cannot find it (only posts of constraint problems that people were having when they switched to 2012).

Can anyone tell me what the changes are from inv2011 to 2012 or inv2011 to 2013.  Doesn't autodesk have these changes listed somewhere in writting?

THX

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: not2013

Have you looked at the what's new for 2012 and what's new for 2013?

I know for 2014 they did a fair amount of constraint upgrades.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
not2013
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thank you for your reply.  2013 yes I had looked at.  2012 I had not until now cause I couldn't find it.  It does not list any constraint changes.

However I am reading posts of those whom swithc 2011 to 2012 and problems resulting with the changes in constraints.   search (constraint changes 2011 to 2012)

Johnson from adesk agrees and has created fixes for the constraint problems for inv2013.

So Did no one @ adesk know about the changes to constraints in 2012 and that's why none are listed, or did they know and purposely leave the changes out?  Interesting question.

I will assume for the time being that no one @ autodesk knows what the changes are.

A simple list of all of the constraint changes of inv 2011 to 2012 from adesk would prove my assumption wrong. This will be the last time I try to get an answer to this simple question.

Thank you again and have a nice day.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: not2013

Are you referring to sketch constraints or assembly constraints?

More information is needed.

Is this a continuation of a previous discussion?  If so, you should link or continue from the  start  of discussions so that those doing searches weeks, months or years from now can follow the chain of evidence.

For example,

In this thread

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/2011-to-2013-oh-boy-can-you-still-change-density-in-...

you did not include units information, which caused confusion.

Also in that thread you indicated trouble installing Inventor.

Is there something that is not working as expected that is different from 2011 to 2013?

I am not aware of any changes to sketch or assembly constraints from the last 10 years other than Limits added to assembly constraints and the ability to turn on information on components involved in constraints in the browser (see Application Options, Assembly tab). And the Constraint Persistence icon that looks like Perpendicular Constraint (particularly in r2010).

Constraints (sketch or assembly) are about as simplistic and logical as any feature/function/operation in Inventor.  If something isn't working as expected , perhaps you did not get a clean install of the program given the difficulty you experienced with the install.

Without a dataset I'm not sure how anyone could help you.  One thing I do know of that can cause beginners trouble is if they turn on Predict Offset in assembly constraint dialog and don't realize that it is still on after exiting the dialog box.  (especially if the parts are close together)

Walt Jaquith has a pretty good essay about this here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/IS-INVENTOR-REALLY-USEFUL/m-p/1332811/highlight/true...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

"maybe" he is referring to the "assemble" functionality which I believe was added around then.. but its still just constraints with a "newer" way to apply the same old constraints.

But I too am not aware of any changes with "constraints" that would cause any problems with anything at all. Its all the same just maybe new icons/icon colors.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report