Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advanced 3D section view

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
machiel.veldkamp
455 Views, 5 Replies

advanced 3D section view

So... I'm having an issue here. I don't know if Autodesk has already implemented this in Autosedk Inventor 2013 or 2014 yet however, I am in need of something. allow me to explain.

So as you can see above, I have created a quarter section view. Great! However I am wondering, is there such a tool, plugin or addon that I can install that allows me to section even further? For example in the horizontal plane too? 

I could REALLY use this. If you know anything please reply. Thanks! 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

in reply to: machiel.veldkamp
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: machiel.veldkamp

Unfortunately, not at the same time, although you could create a derived part of your model, and use that to section views from (Split, etc). Just use the multibody option.

Message 4 of 6

You might be able to get what you need by placing a cut as an assembly feature. You could of course obtain the quarter section using the cut assembly feature as well (either a single cut with the properly shaped sketch or as two cuts).

-------------------------------------------------------
Gary Smith
Inventor Product Design Suite 2013sp2
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000
Message 5 of 6
gsmith9810
in reply to: gsmith9810

Note that by using an assembly cut feature you will not get the nicely shaded faces on the cut faces but that may not matter as much as getting the view that you want without the material in the way.

-------------------------------------------------------
Gary Smith
Inventor Product Design Suite 2013sp2
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000
Message 6 of 6

Thank you all for your answers, however we're talking about a lagre assembly with a lot of components. A derived component would be to big in my RAM memory I think. 

I'm going to test it out this afternoon if I can. so thanks again and if there's someone else who has yet another suggestion I'd like to know!

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report