Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding wire in assembly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sam__gleeson
482 Views, 5 Replies

adding wire in assembly

I made the parts but cannot make the wire fit in the assembly.Is it best yo make the wire in an assembly mode then as a individual part to fix in the assembly.How would you make the wire and also so it connects correctly in assembly

Regards

Sam

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: sam__gleeson

Do you have Inventor professional (do you have the cable/harness functionality)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
sam__gleeson
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi

Yes but have never used the Harness/cable...I can look into learning so is the the ideal way to add wires/electrical cord?

Also can it be done as a part or in the assembly mode?

If possible could someone show me how to create in the assembly mode or as a part to place in the assembly...would be appreciated

Regards

Sam

Message 4 of 6
cwhetten

@sam__gleeson wrote:
If possible could someone show me how to create in the assembly mode or as a part to place in the assembly...would be appreciated

Regards

Sam

What version of Inventor are you using?

I ask because there is another thread (click here) (see message 7) where I posted an example of some parts that were created this way (the parts are version 2014).  True, they are tubes, but the same concepts would be used to create wires.  Check it out to see if it is helpful.  Post back if you have any questions about how I created the files.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 5 of 6
sam__gleeson
in reply to: cwhetten

Hi Cameron

Yes that is what i was looking for...i have INV 2014

Would you be able to show me how you created the files..looks good

Thanks

Sam

Message 6 of 6
mcgyvr

There are numerous tutorials on cable harness.. Simple google "autodesk inventor cable and harness tutorial"

Tons of youtube videos,etc..

If you have the tool use it.. Its soo much easier than doing sweeps,etc..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report