Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding tubes

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
James__S
807 Views, 23 Replies

adding tubes

I have a large tube which requires multiple smaller inner tubes.There are 40 inner tubes already inserted.I will continue towards the middle inserting more tubes.

The only way i can see to accomplish this is to create the first tube and then use a circular pattern.Is there a better way to add these tubes then i have done or this the only way to insert all these tubes?

Regards

JS

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

Once you have pushed out your assembly from the master file you can Ctrl Drag 5 additional instances of the tube and an additional instance of the end flange.  Use Insert constraints for the 5 tubes and the Feature Pattern - Circular each pattern.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 22 of 24
James__S

all assembled except left the end plate off for picture

Message 23 of 24
JDMather
in reply to: James__S

I realized when I went to make the component pattern that there was a disadvantage to using multi-body.

The advantage is that you can change any of the dimensions in the master file and the assembly will update, but you cannot change then Number of holes and have the assembly patterns update.

If the end flange had been made separately - then then Feature pattern could have been used to drive the assembly Component pattern. If the number of tubes is not going to change - then this wouldn't matter anyhow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 24 of 24
James__S

Much appreciated.Thanks for all your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report