Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding electrical cord between 2 connectors

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
881 Views, 6 Replies

adding electrical cord between 2 connectors

Hi

what is the method used to create a electrical cord between these 2 connectors.I want the cord to have realistic look such as bends in the cord.I am afraid i do not know how to perform this procedure.Would someone care to show me how to make cord between 2 connectors.I am going to make a lot of these so this is good starting point to learn

Regards

Paul

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Your tap drill size is much too large for the thread size.

Are you using Inventor Professional with Routed Systems?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
JDMather

If you are using Routed Systems - the first thing you will want to do is add a connector point to the part.

(See the Manage tab)

If not using Routed Systems - start a new part within the context of the assembly and then start a 3D sketch and Include Geometry the end circles of the connectors.  Create a spline between the circles for a sweep path.  You will probably want some helper lines at each end for tangencies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

I forgot to mention adding a Pin to the Connector before authoring (saving).

This is on the 3D model tab.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I created Cord-1 in assembly mode (make part)...i cannot get how to now make the electrical cord between the 2 connectors and Cord-1.

i need some help please making electrical cord in assembly mode.

i do not use the Routed systems

Thanks for any help

Paul

Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr

Paul,

This tutorial should get you started since you don't have routed systems.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9726802/Autodesk/introduction%20to%203d%20sketches.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Paul, I suspect that McGyvr's tutorial is right-on (I haven't looked). In our shop, we don't "wire" our electrical components in the CAD system. Our engineers usually show a couple of inches of electrical coming out of the back of significant components. Often these cords end up in flexible wireways. Making the CAD model realistic/flexible is more trouble than its worth.

Without looking, I'd say the easiest way would be to create a 3D sketch to act as the sweep path and a 2nd sketch to act as the profile to sweep. More work but even simpler would be to create a part consisting of multiple, end-to-end connected 2D sweeps.

Remember, you are using this as a tool to make your life easier.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report