Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acinetengine16 error

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
MarkSmith9762
2252 Views, 10 Replies

acinetengine16 error

I have been getting the acinetengine16 error on my computer lately.  I have traced it back to either Autocad or Inventor.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled, I have searched the NG I have done everything I can think of but to no avail.

Can anyone give me a solution to this error.  It is annoying.

Thanks

Mark Smith

Inventor 2009

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
bobvdd
in reply to: MarkSmith9762

Mark,

Did you try the steps mentioned in this technical article?

Granted it is not the same error message but who knows if you can track down the location of the dll on your machine and feeding it to the registry...

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 3 of 11
MarkSmith9762
in reply to: bobvdd

Bob,

thnaks for the suggestion.  I searched the registry for the acinetengine16.dll file this morning and everything looks to be correct

Mark

Message 4 of 11

HELP!!!!! This error is becoming more and more intrusive.  Surely someone from Autodesk has a solution to this problem.  Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Mark Smith

Precision Devices

Message 5 of 11
bobvdd

Hi Mark,

I found this related technical article in our knowledge base. http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1068228

Can you check if this is relevant to your situation?

You could also helo us diagnose your problem by giving a little bit more details about your machine, Operating system and Inventor version you are using.

Thanks

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Message 6 of 11
MarkSmith9762

@bobvdd wrote:

Hi Mark,

I found this related technical article in our knowledge base. http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1068228

Can you check if this is relevant to your situation?

You could also helo us diagnose your problem by giving a little bit more details about your machine, Operating system and Inventor version you are using.

Thanks

Bob

Bob,

Thank you for your reply. 

I have read that article from the knowlege base in the past.  I am not using Zonealarm, I am using Semantic Endpoint Protection.

My system is as follows

Windows XP Pro sp 3

Inventor Series 2009 sp 2

Thanks

Mark Smith

Message 7 of 11
bobvdd

Thanks for the extra info Mark.

In Inventor 2009 , the expected version of this file AcInetEngine16.dll  is 17.2.56.0.

Could it be that this file is corrupt or that you have a different version.
Can you check the version number of the file via Properties > Details ?

The file normally can be found under “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\” and  can be repaired by running a repair from the Control Panel.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Message 8 of 11
MarkSmith9762

@bobvdd wrote:

Thanks for the extra info Mark.

In Inventor 2009 , the expected version of this file AcInetEngine16.dll  is 17.2.56.0.

Could it be that this file is corrupt or that you have a different version.
Can you check the version number of the file via Properties > Details ?

The file normally can be found under “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\” and  can be repaired by running a repair from the Control Panel.

Bob

Bob,

It appears that the version of the file is correct. 

I tried to copy the dll from another machine that wasn't having the error but didn't work.

How do you repair from Control Panel?

Message 9 of 11
bobvdd

In the Control Panel > Add or remove programs, expand the Inventor product  and hit the Change button.

That will bring up the install wizard and you should see a Repair option.

Be prepared it might take a while so maybe something to do at the end of your workday.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Message 10 of 11
MarkSmith9762

@bobvdd wrote:

In the Control Panel > Add or remove programs, expand the Inventor product  and hit the Change button.

That will bring up the install wizard and you should see a Repair option.

Be prepared it might take a while so maybe something to do at the end of your workday.

Bob

This too has failed.  It seems that I am looking at wiping my system clean and reinstalling everything.  I was hoping to avoid this method.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Message 11 of 11
bshull17

Maybe this will help someone.  I had this error and couldn't find a fix.  Only had ACAD 2007 installed.  On the computer I performed a disk cleanup, defragmentation and used the free software CCleaner to further clean temp files, etc. and to fix issues with the registry.  Never saw the error message again after this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report