Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a area, length and width of a flat pattern

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
juha.lievonen
601 Views, 3 Replies

a area, length and width of a flat pattern

I would like to add a area, a length and a width of a flat pattern to other Excel sheet. Now I see these dimensions from the drawing and I'm calculating a area of a flatpattern...

Could I be getting these values from Inventor easier way? I'm using iPart also. I think it help me if I would get values to Excel sheet for example.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jletcher
in reply to: juha.lievonen

Look into ilogic. Getting this information is really easy in Inventor and exporting it is just as easy. Look into it and if you have problem come back and I and others can give you some pointers.

There are also post on this subject do a search and you will find at least 20 post on it.

Message 3 of 4
mnthailand
in reply to: juha.lievonen

here is code to create properties for flat pattern length and width.

export them to excel...

partDoc=ThisDoc.Document
Try
DimsheetMetalDefAsSheetMetalComponentDefinition=partDoc.ComponentDefinitionIf(sheetMetalDef.HasFlatPattern())ThenDimpropertySetAsPropertySetpropertySet=partDoc.PropertySets.Item("{D5CDD505-2E9C-101B-9397-08002B2CF9AE}")DimlengthPropertyAs [Property] DimwidthPropertyAs [Property] ForEachcustomPropertyAs [Property] InpropertySetIfcustomProperty.Name.Equals("FlatExtendsLength")lengthProperty=customPropertyElseIfcustomProperty.Name.Equals("FlatExtendsWidth")widthProperty=customPropertyEndIfNextIflengthPropertyIsNothingThenpropertySet.Add("empty", "FlatExtendsLength")EndIfIfwidthPropertyIsNothingThenpropertySet.Add("empty", "FlatExtendsWidth")EndIfiProperties.Value("Custom", "FlatExtendsLength")=Round(SheetMetal.FlatExtentsLength,2)iProperties.Value("Custom", "FlatExtendsWidth")=Round(SheetMetal.FlatExtentsWidth,2)
EndIfCatch
EndTry

I hope it helps

Inventor 2011 (x64)
Productstream Professional 2011 (x64)
Windows 7 (x64)

Product design suite Professional 2013
Message 4 of 4

Hi juha.lievonen,

Assuming you're not using an old version of Inventor you should be able to do this with a text note or sketched symbol, by accessing the Sheet Metal Properties as shown here. I think this functionality was added in Inventor 2009 or 2010. Getting the information to Excel will require the use of a custom iProperty as mentioned earlier.

Autodesk Inventor Flat Pattern Dimensions on Drawing.png

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report