Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
DaveyL
613 Views, 4 Replies

Zoom Issue

An odd one here. After using the Navigation wheel to "walk" around a model, my zoom settings seem to have altered. Now, three clicks on the scroll wheel will put me through the model(not zoom onto it) and if I hover over a part when zooming, the zooming slows down till I get closer and it stops zooming completely a good distance away (Admitedly, the latter may be my fault trying to solve the zoom issue but I can not find for the life of me any options affecting the zoom). A lot of posts are stating it is the mouse driver that deals with the sensitivity however these have not changed (and the computer has no network access so it cannot be an automatic update).

Any suggestions, it has all but stopped my productivity as I am trying to assembly components but cannot get close enough to select the correct surface.

Cheers,

Dave

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: DaveyL

You don't mention the obvious first step - did you reboot the computer and the problem persists?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
DaveyL
in reply to: JDMather

Well I now return a little sheepish. Let me rephrase the question, what did cause that before a reboot. Saved again by monsieur Mather.

Linked to this, how does the shift key affect the zoom. Never come accross anything conclusive online but that did solve the varying zoom rate issue (slowing down as I approach the part). Is it something to do with the focal point? Inventor help mentions it once in the zoom section and nothing more is said about it.

Dave

Message 4 of 5
DaveyL

Just an update on this, Ive found that this happens whenever I use the navigation wheel with the walk command. It is quite a large assembly so I have to use the + button to speed it up enough to actually get anywhere. After this the zoom is almost useless as three clicks takes me through the other side of the assembly.

Should the + command affect the zoom? Is this a hotkey? Restaring the computer solves the issue but i'd rather not have to.

Cheers,

Dave

Inventor 2012

Message 5 of 5
HansSMS

I'm having a similar issue now after installing Service Pack One: Once I use the 3DORBIT command, zooming in and out just goes haywire. End the 3DORBIT command and things go back to normal. This worked fine before SP1.

Hans Moller
Surveying & Management Services
Gladstone Australia
Metabox 16GB, Intel i7-9700K 3.6Ghz, 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD Nvidia GTX 1060
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report