Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another annoying message

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
mrattray
509 Views, 11 Replies

Yet another annoying message

Capture.JPG

This has no meaning to me. I don't know what Inventor is trying to tell me and, frankly, I don't care. I just want it to get out of my face.

The worst part about this on is when I save a large assembly with several subs each with their own subs and I have to click this MFer 14 times just to save.

When I'm in a big crunch to work out the door and I have to deal with BS like this my temper gets really short.

Also this is somehow a brand new thing that I never saw before SP1.1.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jletcher
in reply to: mrattray

Have you suppressed any parts in any assembly? This will make this error happen.

Message 3 of 12
mrattray
in reply to: jletcher

Yes, I have suppressed parts. Using features of Inventor isn't allowed now?!

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 12

Hi mrattray,

I see this most often when I have a drawing open and the assembly open, and am modifying LODs / suppressing parts. Closing the drawing file generally helps, as it prevents the 2 files (the assembly and the drawing ) from trying get control, although there are sometimes when I really would rather not need to do close the drawing.

I'm not sure if that fits your situation, but it might shed some light on this.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 12
jletcher

Sure you can use them but you have to understand them. They have bugs lol...

But what it is asking is to save the level of detail you must of suppressed something and when you went and hit save you had a dialog pop up asking to save the level of detail and may of hit no so now it is going to keep telling you.

When you suppress a part it will make a new level of detail before you go and save make sure the level of detail is on master this should help you out...

Message 6 of 12

Curtis, I learned my lesson before about trying to have an assembly and a drawing open at the same time and therfore avoid it. This behaviour actually seems to have gotten worse, too. I find now that Inventor will have a full on melt down and not allow you to even measure an assembly if the drawing is open. For your information, I've found that this is directly related to parts lists and LODs; if you have a drawing with no parts list on it then you'll be fine.

Anyways, no this has nothing to do with drawings.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 12
mrattray

James, I'm working in a named and saved LOD throughout my assembly structure. In fact I have an external rule referenced in all of my assembly templates that enforces this.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 8 of 12
jletcher

Maybe it has do to with the rule. May want to have curtis look at it he is the main man for rules he is awsome..

But if you are having more and more issues this could be the case....

Message 9 of 12
mrattray

I didn't have any problems with it before the update, and I haven't changed it either. But, here it is anyways.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 10 of 12
jletcher

Not good at programming like Curtis is but should this not be at the end " iLogicVb.UpdateWhenDone = True"

But like I said don't trust me hope Curtis can look at it he will be able to see if it is the code I am sure of it.

Message 11 of 12
mrattray

"iLogicVb.UpdateWhenDone = True" sets a flag that tells Inventor to update when it's done. It doesn't matter where it goes because it wont act on it until it's finished running everything anyways.

If I had used "InventorVb.DocumentUpdate()", then you would be correct, because this line causes Inventor to stop and update immediately.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 12 of 12
jletcher

Yeah I did know the rule just thought it reads from top to bottom no matter what unless you tell it to go back to it..

I did program a long time ago so things have changed a bit and I have not been following.

I am now into it and learning Curtis has helped me out so much I feel I owe him dinner lol...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report