Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would gladly give up 3 release's interface changes for one escape command

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dick_upton
408 Views, 4 Replies

Would gladly give up 3 release's interface changes for one escape command

I have lost more time in the last 3 years sitting waiting for Inventor to complete an unwanted, uncancellable command than I will ever make up in all the fancy interface changes that my subscription dollars have brought about.

To have an escape key that worked in Inventor, I'd gladly trade for the Inventor 2010 interface.

If this request, made repeatedly by many over the last, oh, 8 to 10 years, is not possible, it would be nice to know why.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dan_inv09
in reply to: dick_upton

Beyond the need to be able to cancel a command ...

Has anyone's productivity been improved by any of the interface changes?

Aside from the break-in time where you have no clue how to do things that were all but automatic before, the ribbon is just terrible. At best it adds at least one click to everything you do - seriously it was all there in the panel bar and someone comes along and says, "I know what will help, let's hide some of it on different tabs!"

And do not even get me started on the icons.

Message 3 of 5
IgorMir
in reply to: dan_inv09

Totally agree with you, Dan! And yet nothing we can do about it. The imbeciles are running the show in Autodesk Inventor team nowdays. Those, who knows better - they don't have any power to say anything. Which is most unfortunate. 

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 4 of 5
IS200

Forget about the Ribbon arguement, everything has gone that way and it is OK when you get used to it.

However, I fully agree with you regarding the necessity for a properly functioning escape command. I too have lost many hours over the years waiting for Inventor to recalculate a solution when I realise I have made a mistake, or could have done it a better way. Why can't I just 'bail out' and go back to where I was. Why must I wait, and wait, and wait so I can then press undo and wait, and wait to get back to where I was in the first place?

Why can't we have the escape key that actually tells Inventor to stop the current calculation and just drop me back to where I was?

Message 5 of 5
dick_upton

Would any Autodeskee care to comment on why the much requested Escape key enhancement has thusfar been ignored or neglected in deferrence to multiple rounds of interface development?

Just a straight simple answer and we'll be happy to wait until it can be added. I see 2013 does not have this but I can RMB and move the EOP marker, and delete multiple sheets at a time WOOPDEEDOO. <sarcasm mode off>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report