Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Reply
*Germer, Ole
Message 1 of 10 (152 Views)

Work Plane in an Assembly iam

152 Views, 9 Replies
11-25-2002 07:10 AM
I put in a Work Plane in an Assembly. After constraining to that workplane
I would like to turn off this plane. I cannot highlight it by clicking on
it and I cannot find it in the model browser. How do you turn it off????


--
Ole Germer
Helping create better involute profiles for gears
http://www.geocities.com/olegermer/index.html
Member
FRANKF
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎01-21-2003
Message 2 of 10 (152 Views)

Re: Work Plane in an Assembly iam

11-25-2002 07:49 AM in reply to: *Germer, Ole
It has to be somewhere in your browser.
Try to expand all children in your browser, look for a work plane that is not grayed out, select that one and turn off the visibility.
*Fulford, Drew
Message 3 of 10 (152 Views)

Re: Work Plane in an Assembly iam

11-25-2002 08:06 AM in reply to: *Germer, Ole
In the assy, set your selection priority to feature or faces/edges, then
select on screen and shut off visibility. While your there you may as well
do a find in browser to see why you couldn't see it there before.

- Drew

--


Drew Fulford, B.A.Sc. Systems Engineer
Solid Caddgroup Inc, Burlington, Ontario
Phone: (905) 331-9670 Fax: (905) 331-7280

Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
Check out my MDT & Inventor FAQ @ http://www.mymcad.com/

"Ole Germer" wrote in message
news:EE0869CC0D37C2A9EF945CDEA7D1CBF0@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I put in a Work Plane in an Assembly. After constraining to that
workplane
> I would like to turn off this plane. I cannot highlight it by clicking on
> it and I cannot find it in the model browser. How do you turn it off????
>
>
> --
> Ole Germer
> Helping create better involute profiles for gears
> http://www.geocities.com/olegermer/index.html
>
>
>
>
*B, Rich
Message 4 of 10 (152 Views)

Re: Work Plane in an Assembly iam

11-25-2002 08:08 AM in reply to: *Germer, Ole
Is there a good up to date tutorial on work planes? I have a demo
version of Inventor and I'm having the hardest time with work planes.
I want to make a plane on the center of a circular feature and can
only find how to make it tangent to the feature not on center.

Thanks, Rich


"Ole Germer" wrote in message
news:EE0869CC0D37C2A9EF945CDEA7D1CBF0@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I put in a Work Plane in an Assembly. After constraining to that
workplane
> I would like to turn off this plane. I cannot highlight it by
clicking on
> it and I cannot find it in the model browser. How do you turn it
off????
>
>
> --
> Ole Germer
> Helping create better involute profiles for gears
> http://www.geocities.com/olegermer/index.html
>
>
>
>
*Germer, Ole
Message 5 of 10 (152 Views)

Re:

11-25-2002 08:09 AM in reply to: *Germer, Ole
The obvious answer.  Select  features
from the little pull down beside the redo icon.  Now I can turn off the
visibility.  I still cannot find that work plane in the
browser!

 

Ole


style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
It
has to be somewhere in your browser.
Try to expand all children in your
browser, look for a work plane that is not grayed out, select that one and
turn off the visibility.
*Zander, Quinn
Message 6 of 10 (152 Views)

Re:

11-25-2002 08:17 AM in reply to: *Germer, Ole
Ole,

Switch to Feature priority and RMB->Find in Browser on the workplane in
the model window.

This is real nice in that it will open origin folders and expand subs if
it needs to.

QBZ


"Ole Germer" wrote in message
news:60E7D13ADDD207BF2AB0622DF15A3494@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> The obvious answer. Select features from the little pull down beside
the redo icon. Now I can turn off the visibility. I still cannot find
that work plane in the browser!
>
> Ole
> "FRANKF" wrote in message
news:f1274ac.0@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> It has to be somewhere in your browser.
> Try to expand all children in your browser, look for a work plane
that is not grayed out, select that one and turn off the visibility.
>
*Caldwell, Larry
Message 7 of 10 (152 Views)

Re:

11-25-2002 08:43 AM in reply to: *Germer, Ole
I think an axis (axis tool/OD of cyl) should give you a workfeature to make
a plane by picking the axis on the part and an origin workplane from the
browser. You should be able to make it whatever angle you want from there.
~Larry

"Rich B" wrote in message
news:17A66F96F876DACBEF3FDE2469B9C681@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Is there a good up to date tutorial on work planes? I have a demo
> version of Inventor and I'm having the hardest time with work planes.
> I want to make a plane on the center of a circular feature and can
> only find how to make it tangent to the feature not on center.
>
> Thanks, Rich
>
>
> "Ole Germer" wrote in message
> news:EE0869CC0D37C2A9EF945CDEA7D1CBF0@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I put in a Work Plane in an Assembly. After constraining to that
> workplane
> > I would like to turn off this plane. I cannot highlight it by
> clicking on
> > it and I cannot find it in the model browser. How do you turn it
> off????
> >
> >
> > --
> > Ole Germer
> > Helping create better involute profiles for gears
> > http://www.geocities.com/olegermer/index.html
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
*Germer, Ole
Message 8 of 10 (152 Views)

Re:

11-25-2002 09:25 AM in reply to: *Germer, Ole
At the top of the browser is a upside down dunce hat. Press it and there is
a choice
Hide work features
Hide notes
Hide Documents
Hide Warnings
This is new to R6
Ole

"Drew Fulford" wrote in message
news:0DEBAAAFE7382667DB98B95E96B3722A@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> In the assy, set your selection priority to feature or faces/edges, then
> select on screen and shut off visibility. While your there you may as well
> do a find in browser to see why you couldn't see it there before.
>
> - Drew
>
> --
>
>
> Drew Fulford, B.A.Sc. Systems Engineer
> Solid Caddgroup Inc, Burlington, Ontario
> Phone: (905) 331-9670 Fax: (905) 331-7280
>
> Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
> Check out my MDT & Inventor FAQ @ http://www.mymcad.com/
>
> "Ole Germer" wrote in message
> news:EE0869CC0D37C2A9EF945CDEA7D1CBF0@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I put in a Work Plane in an Assembly. After constraining to that
> workplane
> > I would like to turn off this plane. I cannot highlight it by clicking
on
> > it and I cannot find it in the model browser. How do you turn it
off????
> >
> >
> > --
> > Ole Germer
> > Helping create better involute profiles for gears
> > http://www.geocities.com/olegermer/index.html
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
Distinguished Contributor
SveinE
Posts: 446
Registered: ‎12-09-2003
Message 9 of 10 (152 Views)

Re:

11-25-2002 03:01 PM in reply to: *Germer, Ole
Hi.
Yust wanted to say that this is not new too R6. I have R5 and R6 installed and it`s in both. I`m using it frequently.

Regards Svein
*KJohnson
Message 10 of 10 (152 Views)

Re:

11-25-2002 08:33 PM in reply to: *Germer, Ole
Under the view menu is there not an option to hide work planes now.
View/Object Visibility

Kathy Johnson

"Ole Germer" wrote in message
news:smileyvery-happy:697A805F7A50E3994818536CC677CE3@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> At the top of the browser is a upside down dunce hat. Press it and there
is
> a choice
> Hide work features
> Hide notes
> Hide Documents
> Hide Warnings
> This is new to R6
> Ole
>
> "Drew Fulford" wrote in message
> news:0DEBAAAFE7382667DB98B95E96B3722A@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > In the assy, set your selection priority to feature or faces/edges, then
> > select on screen and shut off visibility. While your there you may as
well
> > do a find in browser to see why you couldn't see it there before.
> >
> > - Drew
> >
> > --
> >
> >
> > Drew Fulford, B.A.Sc. Systems Engineer
> > Solid Caddgroup Inc, Burlington, Ontario
> > Phone: (905) 331-9670 Fax: (905) 331-7280
> >
> > Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
> > Check out my MDT & Inventor FAQ @ http://www.mymcad.com/
> >
> > "Ole Germer" wrote in message
> > news:EE0869CC0D37C2A9EF945CDEA7D1CBF0@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > I put in a Work Plane in an Assembly. After constraining to that
> > workplane
> > > I would like to turn off this plane. I cannot highlight it by
clicking
> on
> > > it and I cannot find it in the model browser. How do you turn it
> off????
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ole Germer
> > > Helping create better involute profiles for gears
> > > http://www.geocities.com/olegermer/index.html
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.