Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wishlist IV9: Open two windows for drawing and view multiple sheets

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Josh_Petitt
274 Views, 2 Replies

Wishlist IV9: Open two windows for drawing and view multiple sheets

I wish:

It was possible to open two windows for a drawing (Window => New Window) then be able to view different sheets in each window. Now, with IV9, if you open two windows then change drawing sheets in one window, the sheet changes for the other window too 😞 The reason I came across this was I was trying to cut and paste text from one sheet to another by drag-and-drop, but since you can't look at two sheets at the same time, it doesn't seem possible.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hallstevenson
in reply to: Josh_Petitt

I doubt you'll see any new features -- I'd call this a feature, not a bug fix -- in non-current versions of Autodesk software.
Message 3 of 3

I just tried to do this and could not.  Searching in WikiHelp and the forums I couldn't find any more posts about this.  Is there a way to have 2 different drawing sheets display in separate inventor windows?

Geoffrey Wheeler
AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 SP2, IV Pro 2011 64bit SP2, stand alone, Design Review 2018, DWG True View 2018, Inventor View // Win7 Ultimate SP1
ASUS P8H61-M LE, Intel i5-3450 @ 3.10 GHz, 8GB RAM // ATI AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series, 1GB RAM
Tags (3)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report