Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireframe left behind in an assembly

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
yannicknielsen
1284 Views, 15 Replies

Wireframe left behind in an assembly

Hey there!

I am sometimes experiencing that my wireframe is suddenly "left behind" when moving a part in an assembly. I'm using the Shaded With Edges visual option, and the edges are left behind as you can see in the attached picture.

I haven't been able to reconstruct this error, and the part itself works fine. I can save, close, and open in order to fix the wireframe.

Anyone else experiencing that who has a fix for it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Just wanna add that I just updated my graphics card driver to the newest - 320.00 from Nvidia, and I thought it had stopped doing it... Now it does it again 😞

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 16
blair
in reply to: yannicknielsen

Can you try using the "Performance" button in the Applications>Hardware tab.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 16
yannicknielsen
in reply to: blair

I tried using both the Performance and the Quality options.

Changing the setting seems to be a temporary fix, which, at least updates the wireframe to be on the part. After that it may, or may not be "left behind" again if I move my assembly or constrain a new part to it

Message 5 of 16

Additional info:

Switching the view option to shaded removes the wireframe that is left behind. But switching back to Shaded With Edges shows the wireframe in the position it was left in before

Message 6 of 16
blair

There seems to be some issues with Nvidia, Win7 and Inventor 2013 and 2014 with Shaded and Edges together. Other posts with antialiasing with the Edge option.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 16

I just saw the same thing happen today on my AMD Radeon 5990.  A single part was moved, but it's wireframe stayed put (the edges part of shaded with edges).  The shaded part moved as expected.  Changing visual styles did not have any effect.  Ignoring it, I inserted several other instances of that same part, they didn't have the error but that one part's wireframe stayed in its wrong position.  After I closed and reopened Inventor the edges behaved properly.

I'm thinking this is a graphics caching issue.  The line definitions were cached, but not cleared out of cache until I closed the program.  I'm really getting dissapointed that AutoDesk has released a graphics program with so many graphics errors, especially this far down the road of their development career.  This makes 3 major graphics issues in 2014 that did not exist in 2013 and before.  Please fix this Autodesk, with all haste, due or not.

jvj
Message 8 of 16
blair

Yes, problems with the Ray-Tracing in IV2014 that wasn't in IV2013. The Ray-Trace has been identified by ADKS and should be covered in the next Hot-Fix/SP. Hope it fixes the dispaly issues as well.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 16
cnewmanVIK

This question is marked as solved, but I don't see the solution?  We are having this problem on multiple computers.  

Inventor Professional 2014

Windows 7

Nvidia Quadro 4000, (various drivers, mine is 9.18.13.2049)

Message 10 of 16
blair
in reply to: cnewmanVIK

Update your drivers, current Nvidia driver  is shown in my signature at the bottom of this post. Also install the latest SP for Inventor.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 16
cnewmanVIK
in reply to: blair

SP1 is installed, Sorry I forgot to put that.
Thanks. We'll give the drivers a try.
Message 12 of 16
JamieVJohnson2

Capture.PNG

Service Pack 1 installed (post beta).  Still happening, on Performance Mode.  (not using software graphics).  If I have to use software graphics mode for things to look right, then whats the point in buying expensive video cards?  Autodesk should be doing better than this.

Rumor has it that Service Pack 2 will begin to solve some of these graphics issues.  However notoriously service pack 2 comes out the same time the next year version is released (or later as in Inventor 2013 service packs).  At that time what's the point?  Everybody's moving onto the next year looking for a better product.  I've been waiting for a more STABLE product, since 2011.  That's worth a full year's release.

jvj
Message 13 of 16
blair

With the addition of D3D back in realease 11 (not 2011) I found no difference in performance between OpenGL and D3D. When ADSK quit using OpenGL there was no reason to stay with the expensive Quadro cards. I quit specing machines with Quadro and moved to the fastest Nviada GTX (gamer) cards.

Make sure you are on the latest Microsoft certified drivers for your card (not ADSK certified).

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 14 of 16
yannicknielsen

I accepted as solution when I saw that Autodesk was already aware of the issue.

I cannot check this issue right now, as I'm currently at school, not work.

School decided to use 2013, and work is 2014.

Message 15 of 16
kmagal

Is there a solution to this problem yet? We've been experiencing it on most of our workstations ever since upgrading to 2014.
Message 16 of 16
blair
in reply to: kmagal

Start with updating your drivers to the most current Microsoft Certified version. Then try different settings, either Performance, Quality or Compatibility in the Applications Settings. If that doesn't work wait for the SP2 Service Pack.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report