Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire screen

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1059 Views, 4 Replies

Wire screen

I need a pointer or two. I've got a basic understanding of inventor and can make basic drawings / assemblies and prints.

I've got a project that needs wire screen. A sort of chicken wire or square hole wire screen. What's the best way to approach something like this?

Seems to me that there has to be a "short cut" or easy way to make a panel with that format.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Aj

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

The best way would be to apply a texture color.

Check the Expanded Metal colors to start.
I think there might be additional textures at cbliss.com

This question comes up several times a week

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Perforation-in-sheet-Metal/td-p/3308913

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

That makes easy work. I checked out the cbliss.coma and they have all kind of textures. Several l I'd like to try.

Is it hard to add the new files to the textures and colors of inventor? Looks like the files are .bmp.

Thanks for the guidance.

Aj

Message 4 of 5
JDMather

Manage>Styles and Standards editor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks for the help. You guys are fast. I did some checking and found a way. This was from another post from a while back. Even scaled it to make it fit the drawing better...

Great!!  Thanks for all the help!!

Aj

Manage>Styles Editor>Material

select Aluminum and then click New Material. Name the new material as desired OK. Then delete the old material name (You might be able to rename directly - I didn't try it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report