Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wind pressure simulation. Help needed.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
altoroos
996 Views, 4 Replies

Wind pressure simulation. Help needed.

Greetings

I need help and advice on choosing the correct software to do a project I am working on for my Civil Engineering degree at the University of Pretoria in South Africa.

My project is about Fog Harvesting Nets. I must simulate and determine the wind pressures on different types of nets as well as the whole structure of the fog harvesting nets. I must be able to change the wind speed as well as the density of the wind plus the permeability and weight of the nets.

Can you please point me to the right software as well as where I will be able to learn the basics of the software so that I can make a success of this project.

Regards

Alto Roos

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PiotrekL1
in reply to: altoroos

Hi

I am trying to build VAWT( Vertical Axis Wind Turbine) H-Darrieus type for my engineer's project . I found Autodesk Simulation CFD. Good as for students it's free as well as Inventor.  The problem is that I've never used it before and it looks complicated:-( I must do airfoils and whole structure in Inventor first.

Cheers

Message 3 of 5
altoroos
in reply to: PiotrekL1

Thanks for the information. I will check the program out and hopefully I will be able to make sense of it. But will still like to be more certain that Simulation CFD will get the job done before I start spending long periods of time on it. I'ts fine by me if I have to build it first in Inventor. Thanks again.
Message 4 of 5
Inv_kaos
in reply to: altoroos

This would do what you need. It will be much easier to learn than CFX, FLUENT, STAR-CCM+, etc plus you get it free as a student. If you can't do it with that software then it would be too advanced for an undergraduate program anyway.

There are some videos on the SimSquad website:

www.autodesk.com/simsquad

And ask any questions in the Simulation CFD forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Simulation-CFD/bd-p/330

Please mark as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stew, AICP
Inventor Professional 2013, Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013
Windows 7 x64 Core i7 32GB Ram FX2000
Message 5 of 5
altoroos
in reply to: Inv_kaos

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.  Will take this route then.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report