Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win7 Registry Problem- icons, Context menu etc

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
robmatthews
586 Views, 3 Replies

Win7 Registry Problem- icons, Context menu etc

G'day all.

With respect to the last post in http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Weld-bump-map-not-showing-amp-Visual-Styles-graphics..., it was mentioned "Unregistered Inventor and cleaned up the registry".

This process is interesting to me, as I have a slight problem that is registry-related, I think.  In Windows (7) Explorer, all my inv icons are the same (ipt, iam and idw), and i do not have Inventor-specific context menu when I right- click an inventor file. (ie no access to iProps, no Pack and Go, etc within WinExplorer.)

My machine has IV 2010 for production, and IV2014 for trials, stress analyses etc. I uninstalled IV2012 after installing 2014, and I think it was somewhere around this time that things went bad.

Does anyone agree with my thinking that a registy cleanup will fix things for me? If so, can someone step through the process for me please?

=============================================
This is my signature, not part of my post.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tbs456
in reply to: robmatthews

I am having the same issue.  I updated to current service pack and BOOM; my icons got jacked.   Need some help!

Message 3 of 4
-niels-
in reply to: tbs456

Several things you can try:
1. run as administrator (right-click on inventor icon)
2. go to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 20xx\Bin and execute DtDv.exe

3. Change file association through windows configuration > standard programs
4. not sure if this helps, but topic has registry instructions: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Inventor-2012-Icons-Windows-7-64/m-p/3189358/highligh...

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 4
NathanLos
in reply to: tbs456

Hi tbs456,

You might have some luck with repairing the Inventor installation. Access it via Start > Control Panel > Programs [if Category mode is active] > Programs and Features > Autodesk Inventor 2014 > Repair.

In case that doesn't work, could you post a screenshot of the incorrect icons? It might give a clue as to what's causing the conflict.

Thanks,

Nathan

Autodesk Inventor Platform Team

Nathan Los
Principal Engineer
DLS-Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.
Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report