Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
Forumhelp2012
Message 1 of 2 (258 Views)

Why's my "Project Cut Edges command" greyed out (Unavailable)

258 Views, 1 Replies
10-03-2012 06:14 AM

Hello

Can anyone tell me why after creating a new sketch I don't have the ability to use "Project Cut Edges" I am following a model from U-Tube called "LED LAMP". Time stamp 1hour 46 mins . I first Isolated the "Handle" I am creating in my assembly. I am creating a sketch on XY Plane. Then slice graphics. So I can Project Cut Edges on to my model. It is greyed out so it is not available. If I open the part file on its own the command is available to use, but not in my assembly.

*Pro
jletcher
Message 2 of 2 (252 Views)

Re: Why's my "Project Cut Edges command" greyed out (Unavailable)

10-03-2012 06:30 AM in reply to: Forumhelp2012

The only thing I can think of is you did your sketch in the assembly not in the part edit mode. This one will be hard to help unless I was watching you.

But to my guess you did not dbl click on the part to edit within the assembly but started a sketch in the assembly.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube