Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why of Why - 3D sketches, patterns, adaptivity...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mmiller1
345 Views, 7 Replies

Why of Why - 3D sketches, patterns, adaptivity...

Autodesk:

Question:

1. Why is it when I do a 3D sketch, make the sweep, then "Return" I always get a constraint error? It tells me that I made a constraint to geometry which is no longer available. The geometry IS available. I always have to delete the constraints just to move on. I'm sure it has something to do with the planes or axis I created while doing my 3D sketch.

2. Why does Adaptively equal inefficiency? The more I use it the more I have to fix those darn cross-part association failures. It takes less time to not use adaptively and use the "old fashion way". Junk. Junk. Junk. Oh - and adaptively rarely, if ever, works correctly with sheet metal parts. I say again - Junk.

3. Would it be so difficult to give us buttons for standard views on our tool bars? You know, like AutoCAD - which I'm sure you have heard of by now. An XY, YZ, XZ, button is all I ask for. You went to the trouble to give us RMB Isometric view but stopped there. I'm sure that there are some programs that someone has written that will do something like standard views but why should I have to go to them to get it? Are the standard views available but I don't know about it? Please advise.

4. Is it too much to ask to provide buttons on the tool bars for Object Visibility? Why make me go through the View, Object Visibility menu three times in a row to turn off User Axis, User Work Planes, and User Work points. It will be six times in a row if you need to turn off the other stuff. Heck, at least make the darn menu tree stay open until I've selected multiple objects to turn on or off. Is that so hard ?????? Again, if I'm missing the boat here please advise me otherwise.

Regards,

Michael Miller
Day-Brite Lighting
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mmiller1

I guess you have indicated you aren't interested in aftermarket solutions, but just in case 8^) I have a free utility for standard views called KWiKViews. You can find it here. http://www.kwikmcad.com/icode/kwiktools/addins.asp -- Kent Assistant Moderator Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program "mmiller" wrote in message > 3. Would it be so difficult to give us buttons for standard views on our tool bars? You know, like AutoCAD - which I'm sure you have heard of by now. An XY, YZ, XZ, button is all I ask for. You went to the trouble to give us RMB Isometric view but stopped there. I'm sure that there are some programs that someone has written that will do something like standard views but why should I have to go to them to get it? Are the standard views available but I don't know about it? Please advise.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

What's wrong with hitting the rotate button then space bar for the standard views cube? Regards John "mmiller" wrote in message news:12358934.1076521764643.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Autodesk: > > Question: > > 1. Why is it when I do a 3D sketch, make the sweep, then "Return" I always get a constraint error? It tells me that I made a constraint to geometry which is no longer available. The geometry IS available. I always have to delete the constraints just to move on. I'm sure it has something to do with the planes or axis I created while doing my 3D sketch. > > 2. Why does Adaptively equal inefficiency? The more I use it the more I have to fix those darn cross-part association failures. It takes less time to not use adaptively and use the "old fashion way". Junk. Junk. Junk. Oh - and adaptively rarely, if ever, works correctly with sheet metal parts. I say again - Junk. > > 3. Would it be so difficult to give us buttons for standard views on our tool bars? You know, like AutoCAD - which I'm sure you have heard of by now. An XY, YZ, XZ, button is all I ask for. You went to the trouble to give us RMB Isometric view but stopped there. I'm sure that there are some programs that someone has written that will do something like standard views but why should I have to go to them to get it? Are the standard views available but I don't know about it? Please advise. > > 4. Is it too much to ask to provide buttons on the tool bars for Object Visibility? Why make me go through the View, Object Visibility menu three times in a row to turn off User Axis, User Work Planes, and User Work points. It will be six times in a row if you need to turn off the other stuff. Heck, at least make the darn menu tree stay open until I've selected multiple objects to turn on or off. Is that so hard ?????? Again, if I'm missing the boat here please advise me otherwise. > > Regards, > > Michael Miller > Day-Brite Lighting
Message 4 of 8
mmiller1

It is a matter of preference and consistency. We use AutoCAD 2002 every day and that program has standard view buttons. The same company makes Inventor which we also use every day. Why not be consistent between the two software programs to make it easier on the users. I mean, how hard can it be to add these buttons?
Message 5 of 8
mmiller1

Thanks Kent. I knew about this add-in. I just think that for the money we pay for this software that it should at least have this feature included. My point is, know one should have to write the code for something that should be part of the software anyway.

Mike
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

One of the things I like about Inventor is that it is clutter free. Everyone has preferences for the way they like to do things and what buttons they like easily accessible. I think what is needed is better customisation tools rather than more and more buttons. Regards John "mmiller" wrote in message news:15301191.1076682845667.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > It is a matter of preference and consistency. We use AutoCAD 2002 every day and that program has standard view buttons. The same company makes Inventor which we also use every day. Why not be consistent between the two software programs to make it easier on the users. I mean, how hard can it be to add these buttons?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I agree with John - Personally I don't miss AutoCAD and I still use it and Inventor. The ability to customise for users who want to do so would be great, but for me, adding icons just because they're in Acad would be a real retrograde step. Regards Rory "John G" wrote in message news:402d541f_3@newsprd01... > One of the things I like about Inventor is that it is clutter free. Everyone > has preferences for the way they like to do things and what buttons they > like easily accessible. I think what is needed is better customisation tools > rather than more and more buttons. > > Regards > > John > > "mmiller" wrote in message > news:15301191.1076682845667.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > It is a matter of preference and consistency. We use AutoCAD 2002 every > day and that program has standard view buttons. The same company makes > Inventor which we also use every day. Why not be consistent between the two > software programs to make it easier on the users. I mean, how hard can it > be to add these buttons? > >
Message 8 of 8
cadman777
in reply to: Anonymous

I agreee with John

I also complained a lot about many things till I realized that nobody at Adsk gives a rat's a$$ about what us "small accounts" think/want.

So I just quit buying upgrades until I am totally coerced into upgrading.

I noticed a lot of others did the same thing, which is why Adsk made their recent POLITICAL pricing/extortion MANEUVER.

"Money talks, b.s. walks" ...

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report