Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Inventor 8 hate me??

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
BAH
180 Views, 5 Replies

Why does Inventor 8 hate me??

I never liked Inventors way of converting idw-files to-dwg.
(Strange sins both program is Autodesk)
But now, most of the text in the part list don't get converted at all. I've tryed several times saveing the same file to dwg, then opening the file in AutoCAD(each time), and it seems the text-lines that get converted is different every time. This also goes for all symols and ballons etc.
Have anyone had this problem and solved it.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: BAH

"BAH" wrote in message news:2956389.1086270720459.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I never liked Inventors way of converting idw-files to-dwg. > (Strange sins both program is Autodesk) > But now, most of the text in the part list don't get converted at all. I've tryed several times saveing the same file to dwg, then opening the file in AutoCAD(each time), and it seems the text-lines that get converted is different every time. This also goes for all symols and ballons etc. > Have anyone had this problem and solved it. It's not just you. When it comes to making dwg files, Inventor hates life. You can get better results by setting up a dwg template that has text and dimension styles that are exactly like the ones you use in Inventor, and are named the same. Refer to that dwt file in the conversion dialog. The translation is still not perfect, but it's better. Cheers, Walt
Message 3 of 6
BAH

If I change text style, wont other user who don't have these text style get in trouble when using the same file. I'm already editing Ø and +/- etc in Autocad so other can read the file.

Do I really have to start typeing all text in Aotocad to.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

you'll have to start using etransmit when you're going to send out dwg files to customers. well you should any way, but it seems to be overlooked a lot "BAH" wrote in message news:4635679.1086330538432.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > If I change text style, wont other user who don't have these text style get in trouble when using the same file. I'm already editing Ø and +/- etc in Autocad so other can read the file. > > Do I really have to start typeing all text in Aotocad to.
Message 5 of 6
BAH

etransmit ???
Could you please explain.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

it's an AutoCAD utility that gathers up files associated with a dwg and then can bundle them up into a zip file, or a folder . "BAH" wrote in message news:3590693.1086355470073.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > etransmit ??? > Could you please explain.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report