Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which antivirus is the most easy work and Inventor load quickly files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rgruychev
364 Views, 3 Replies

Which antivirus is the most easy work and Inventor load quickly files

Which antivirus is the most easy work and Inventor  load quickly files?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: rgruychev

At work (Win XP Pro 32-bit) we use Symantec, at home (Win 7 64-bit) I use Avast! Free Home Edition.  In both cases, Inventor files are excluded from real-time scanning.  Both work well with Inventor as far as I can tell.  I routinely forget to disable virus scanning for installation and have had no trouble with either one--  it just takes longer to install.

Excluding Inventor files (.iam, .idw, .ipt at the very least) from real-time scanning is important since Inventor opens a lot of files for a large assembly drawing, for example, and the virus/malware threat from them is extremely low (~0).

Message 3 of 4
ampster402

The company I work for uses Windows Security Essentials.  I don't notice any problems with CAD files and I don't believe anything had to be adjusted in WSE in order for it to ignore CAD files.

The place where I work however (on contract) uses McAfee.  IRC, they had to set it up to ignore certain CAD file formats, others appeared not to be affected.  I don't believe they had to do anything for Inventor related files but they had to adjust it in order for it to ignore NX related files.

Message 4 of 4
mrattray

We use AVG here. I couldn't figue out how to except certain file formats, so I had to exclude my whole workspaces. Other than that, though, it seems fine to me. I don't even use any anti-virus on my home PC. I just pay attention to where I go, and what I download. I do use an active script blocker in my home browser, however.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report