Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
eveylynne
Message 1 of 2 (179 Views)

Where used

179 Views, 1 Replies
01-02-2013 10:44 AM

I'm updating the idw template, and have been asked to add a "Usage Table."  
currently, it's a simple table, that I've attached, that you fill in manually.  However, I would like to be able to have Inventor automatically fill in what parts/assemblies use the file shown in the idw.

I'm using IV & DA 2013; we don't use Vault. In the future, we'd like to intergrate more files with Vantage.

Ideas?

Oh! Mildly related, how do I change the snap point for the table?  It defaults to upper left, & I'd like it to be upper right.

*Pro
sbixler
Message 2 of 2 (132 Views)

Re: Where used

01-03-2013 04:02 AM in reply to: eveylynne

This will require a custom programming solution, but I suspect not too difficult for somebody with experience.  However, the program will have to search every file in a defined scope, so your first task is to define the scope of the search: a specific project? a specific directory or directories? an entire server?  The answer, of course, depends on your company's file and project setup.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube