I wanted to share in case there are other users that run into this issue. There's a solution posted on this page that may have helped.
Workis ongoing for support for Windows8.1. Seemoreinformationbelow.
Has anyone solved this issue. I cannot import AutcCad Lt dwg into Inventor LT 2014. DWG File wizard does not open
When inserting/importing DWG files into Inventor nothing shows up.
Has anyone solved this issue. I cannot import AutcCad Lt dwg into Inventor LT 2014. DWG File wizard does not open When inserting/importing DWG files into Inventor nothing shows up.
If the above suggestion does not work, you may consider uninstalling and reinstalling DWG TrueView 2014 on your system.
Let me know if this helps.
Can you confirm that the operating system you are currently using is Windows 8.1?
Have you tested the solution posted by Sami in the other discussion (steps below)
1. Press [Windows] key to open the Windows' start page
2. Type "cmd" to find "Command Prompt" > right mouse click on it > select "Run as administrator"
3. On "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type (no quotes) "cd c:\program files\autodesk\Inventor 2014\bin"
4. Type (no quotes) "inventor.exe /install"
5. Press Enter
6. Wait for 1 min (inventor will be executed background then exit silently)
A couple of other suggestions to try:
Lower User Account Control Settings to the "Never Notify" setting
1. Browse to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts
2. Select "Change User Account Control Settings"
3. Lower the slider bar to the "Never Notify" position (all the way to the bottom)
5. Restart Computer and retest
Run Inventor as Administrator:
1. Right Mouse Click on the launch icon for Autodesk Inventor 2014
2. Select the Run As Administrator
Test disabling anti-virus software temporarily to see if there is a conflict between Inventor 2014 and your anti-virus software. You will need to consult with the anti-virus software company for details on how to accomplish this.
Please keep us posted on your progress.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register