Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When importing STEP file I can't remove thread line

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Brandon_P
1892 Views, 2 Replies

When importing STEP file I can't remove thread line

I imported a STEP file and I need to modify it. There are a lot of threaded holes I want to remove, so what I do is use an extrusion "To Next" to fill in the holes. The problem is I get an orange line around the hole, I pressume is the thread feature, which I cannot delete (See image below of a filled hole and unfilled). Is there a way to remove this line? Up until now when I make a drawing I have been simply hiding the line. I feel like there must be a better way.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hole features.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CCarreiras
in reply to: Brandon_P

Hi!!

Instead of removing the hole with extrusions, use "delete face" and pick all the internal faces of the hole, select also the heal option and ok... that way, the hole and the edge must disapear.

del_face.png

Regards.

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
CCarreiras
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hi!!

All you have to do is delete the 3D  sketches:

In the Browser, inside the fold of the imported solid, you have also some 3D Sketches. Delete these 3D sketches and all that orange circles will disappear.

3d_sk.png

Tip: When you import step files, you can select the “option” button and deselect wires, points and surfaces, that way, only the solid is imported.

Off topic tip:                       

Instead of removing the hole with extrusions, use "delete face" and pick all the internal faces of the hole, select also the heal option and ok... that way, the hole and the edge must disapear.

del_face.png

Regards.

CarlosC

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report