Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What makes Inventor think the ADSKLIB is editing right now?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Maxim-CADman77
366 Views, 2 Replies

What makes Inventor think the ADSKLIB is editing right now?

Some of ADSKLIBs we plan to use are shown as "No materials in this library".

Some of "issued" libraries are standard (just been copied to the shared folder on file-server) while others are custom ones.

All custom libraries are created in the same way and put to the same folder but not all of them got issued.

All issued libraries does have "pencil" sign on them in project editor.

AFAIK it means that from the Inventor's point of view those are open for editing.

I'm pretty sure those libraries are not open for editing.

Tho make things worse - pencil sign presence (and materials availability) changes with time.

I'd like to know what exatly says Inventor that particular library is under edit?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

according to file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Inventor%202014/Local%20Help/index.html?topic-url=GUID-D44DEE17-3A07-49F3-98ED-406564F37E9A.htm#book=&number=1711 ADSKLIB should get unlocked if closed and has no read only attribute.
Should but in fact it is not... Any ideas?
Message 3 of 3

Ok. "Pencil" sign placed over Library sign is not the hint to our problem (It seems just coincidence that only those penciled libs were issued).

I've copied one of those issued ADSKLIBs locally and this made it non-issued.

Then I've deleted couple materials and copied it back to server (overwrite previous version).

Lib now shows materials even so still has pencil sign on it.

Somebody can tell what is the difference between "penciled" lib and lib without pencil (red and green)?

penciled_ADSKLIB.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report