Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best procedure?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Josy05
231 Views, 2 Replies

What is the best procedure?

Hi all,

What is the best method? iPart, iAssembly, iLogic, formulas in parameters...

My assembly contains a skeleton driven part and a spline constrained to it. In the end I will have many occurence of this assemby due to different lengths. The spline attached to it needs to adapt according length wise.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Inventor Professional 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Josy05

Hi! Is the spline's shape and length driven by the components with various length? Is the various length known (standard stock) or it will be driven by something else?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
Josy05
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi,

Up to now we have been using i-Parts for the spline with a length increment of 10mm, it is meant to provide purchasing with an approx linear footage. No iLogic drives the row member selection, we manually select the closest length in each assembly. This solution was implemented at the beginning, years back, and is still in use, but I'm sure another more efficient solution exist.

To answer your questions we have multiple spline shapes we can attach, when a different spline is required the assembly name is different too. Our products are custom so we don't have pre-determined stock lengths. The part goes thru a few depatments in the shop but eventually the spline is cut down to size to match the assembly prep drawing.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Inventor Professional 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report