Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is BORN technique?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Peter C
2705 Views, 7 Replies

What is BORN technique?

http://howard.engr.siu.edu/mech/course/me477/syllabus%20%20fall%202002.htm

What is BORN technique?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Peter C

Apparently it's Base Orphan Reference Node (?) http://makeashorterlink.com/?H29021979 HTH Duncan -- "Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for ordinary living." (Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002) "Peter C" wrote in message news:32124869.1097122910150.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > http://howard.engr.siu.edu/mech/course/me477/syllabus%20%20fall%202002.htm > > What is BORN technique? > > Thanks
Message 3 of 8
pcunningham1

This technique was discussed in an SDRC I-deas class I took recently. I-deas doesn't use automatic origin points/planes/axes, so the BORN concept is to make reference planes (Base Orphans) to serve as the equivalent of the Inventor origin. By constraining part geometry to this origin, you reduce the chance of unexpected results when changing dimensions or assembly constraints.

-Paul Cunningham
Paul Cunningham
IV2008
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

You're right on the BORN technique. I-DEAS can create multiple orgins in the same part that could remain parametric (think of work points but it would create the 3 axises and workplanes as well). I used to work with I-DEAS and I miss the orgins. I-DEAS really pushes for you to build the base orhpan to create your part around, and then use workplanes as much as possible to sketch off of and constrain to. Ford forces their designers to use the BORN method. They also use the BORN method to create their parts in body position, so when you insert the part into the assembly all you do is constrain the orgins of the part and the assembly and the part should be in place. Joe Bartels
Message 5 of 8
rllthomas

It's what happens if you messed up on the "Rhythm Technique".
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I'm going to have to invoice you to make up for the excessive amount of monitor wipes I have to use while reading your posts. I just checked to make sure and it isn't Friday yet. I suppose you'll have lots of Friday's once St.Helen's blows up. QBZ "rllthomas" wrote in message news:17450301.1097176637944.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > It's what happens if you messed up on the "Rhythm Technique".
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

snork...bwwaaaaahhhhhhhh! -- Sean Dotson, PE www.sdotson.com Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert Sidel, Engineering & Manufacturing Manager "rllthomas" wrote in message news:17450301.1097176637944.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > It's what happens if you messed up on the "Rhythm Technique".
Message 8 of 8
rllthomas

I think Sean has the market on "Snow Days" covered better than I with all the hurricanes. Of course if you would stop washing the monitor you could claim dizzyness, claim everything is blurry and get a few days off too!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report