Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
Karol-Or
Message 1 of 3 (244 Views)

What are the green lines in a title block?

244 Views, 2 Replies
01-01-2013 10:45 AM

In the ANSI-large, the default title block in the ANSI drawing template, when i edit the title block i see green lines which might use for aligning text. they disappear when i finish editing.
They are on a layer that's: By Standard (title ANSI)
The rest of the lines are black and are on the title ANSI layer.
What's this By Standard prefix?
What are they and how to make them?

*Expert Elite*
Mark_Flayler
Message 2 of 3 (237 Views)

Re: What are the green lines in a title block?

01-01-2013 11:14 AM in reply to: Karol-Or

These are Sketch Only lines.  They were there to aid in alignment only of some of the title block objects.  You can make any line Sketch Only with the toggle in the Format Panel.

1-1-2013 2-12-18 PM.png

Mark Flayler Application Engineer - Manufacturing Solutions Division
IMAGINiT's Manufacturing Solutions Blog:
http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/
*Pro
sbixler
Message 3 of 3 (233 Views)

Re: What are the green lines in a title block?

01-01-2013 11:20 AM in reply to: Mark_Flayler
My title blocks are loaded with Sketch-only lines to align various text and graphic features. No functional reason that I know of to have title block sketches fully constrained, but it's still good practice.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube