Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welds fail in part for no obvious reason

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
karthur1
323 Views, 3 Replies

Welds fail in part for no obvious reason

Attached here is a weldment that doesnt want to cooperate.  All is well with the assembly when I open it (no red cross).  When I change the length of extrusion 2 in -077-ta from 20.25in to 15in, all the welds in the weldment fails for no obvious reason.

I tried to edit the welds and fix them, but nothing that I try works.  Next thing I tried was to delete all the welds and just recreate them.  This doesnt work either.  I get the error "weld compute faild due to a modeling error".

Am I missing the obvious?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: karthur1

Kirk,

This is quite strange. I cannot seem to reproduce the problem on R2011 or R2012 by using the dataset you attached and the steps you described. Did I miss anything? Could you attach a snapshot of the failed state?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
karthur1

Simply amazing... I scratched my head over this for an hour this morning.  Now, I was going to record a video for you to show you my steps and I cant get it tofail to save my life....

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue

Kirk,

I suspect maybe the solver was in a bad state. It might have something to do with prior operations causing the solver to confuse. If you can reproduce it from scratch, please let me know asap.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report