Inventor General Discussion

Mentor
dcmorgan
Message 1 of 3 (137 Views)
Accepted Solution

Weldment

137 Views, 2 Replies
06-06-2012 12:57 PM

I am creating an assembly, and I just converted it over to the weldment environment where I will be placing 8 welds on a ring. Before I can place the welds on there, it asks me to specify the weld bead material. I set it at Welded Mild Steel. I want to eventually save out the entire assembly and replace the components with stainless steel parts. My question is can I can now go back and change the welded material to "stainless steel"?? How can you get material to show up on the welded symbol?

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Valued Mentor
GSE_Dan_A
Message 2 of 3 (136 Views)

Re: Weldment

06-06-2012 01:01 PM in reply to: dcmorgan

To change Weld Material simply right click on the Welds Folder in the Assembly Tree --> iProperties-->Physical Tab and then under the Material heading use the Pull Down Tab to select material.

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Mentor
dcmorgan
Message 3 of 3 (97 Views)

Re: Weldment

06-08-2012 01:14 PM in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

THANKS A LOT...I GOT IT.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube