Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weld symbol label in browser

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
soggys3
784 Views, 4 Replies

Weld symbol label in browser

All,

When I create a weld, the browser is populated with default weld numbering. If the welds are deleted then reinserted, the numbering does not reset and can make using the "create weld symbol" option confusing.(see attached screenshot) Anyone know how to reset the browser callout without manual override?

Thank you in advance!

Shawn

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jletcher
in reply to: soggys3

Just a question what is the importance of this?

What do you use those numbers for?

Message 3 of 5
soggys3
in reply to: jletcher

We have to identify each and every weld for individual weld inspection and welding order for the shop folks, so each weld needs to have a callout on idw's ie.. WJ1, WJ2, WJ3 and so on. So its handy to have the Weld symbol coincide with the weld in the browser for number purposes. Follow me? (see attached idw screen shot)

Message 4 of 5
4donwan4
in reply to: soggys3

This is by designed within the product and not possible at this time to modify these in such a way in the browser. If you would like to enter a wish list item asking for this to be considered as an enhancement for a future release, please use the following link.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Regards,

Don

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: 4donwan4

soggys3:

I too am stuck in the same boat as you.  i would not mind labeling welds once and then the number you add in the model be populated into the idw.  But it isnt and it is very very time consumming.  I would say 30%-40% of my time is dealing with labeling of welds.  I have on average 1500-2000 welds per assembly.  Thats what the company want to be able to electronically track the completion of each weld.  thing is our welds numbering is alot longer than yours...13-CA20-01-110-30-0107.  That is A weld number.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report