Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weld Round bar to Square Hollow Section

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
offsite
1583 Views, 3 Replies

Weld Round bar to Square Hollow Section

Hi all

I am wondering can somebody help me out with this issue. I have a solid bar which has a diameter equal to the nternal dimensions of a SHS. I am trying to create a weld, basically to fill the gap with a weld. I tried a similar arrangement with a  Circular Hollow Section and it worked perfectly. I have tried fillet and groove for the SHS but it will not accept it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Padraig

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: offsite

I had to use 2 groove welds to fill the gap between the ID of the tup and the shaft, I selected the two corners and the side and used the direction towards the other side, then did the same with the oposite side to produce a smooth top surface, then the corner fillet weld. Also it was showing a fillet with a bead of 20mm. A little to big to this end.

Capture3.PNG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
offsite
in reply to: blair

That's perfect, it is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Regards

Padraig

Message 4 of 4
jeanchile
in reply to: offsite

There is an example of this exact weld configuration in Curtis Waguespack's Mastering Inventor books. I'm pretty sure by using the controls of just the fillet weld command you can get this to work exactly as it would be welded in the shop. I'm on my phone right now so I can't try it but if you buy his book you won't be disappointed.
Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report