Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WELDING

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
android_mike
820 Views, 7 Replies

WELDING

Hello.

is there a way to assign a weld a part #?... our company is trying to quote the welds and so we can see how long it will take our welder to do the job... or is there some way to go indepth we welding?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

A weld is a Feature of the Weld environment, not a part.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 8

so because welding is a feature and not a part there is not much you can do with the weld? besides the excel spred sheet for the bend report?

Message 4 of 8
jeanchile
in reply to: android_mike

I remember hearing / reading something about this somewhere. I will see what I can find. It wasn't about part numbers necessarily, but a way to get the lengths in a report. The weld calculator has to get the length info on longitutinally loaded welds from somewhere. Perhaps this is usable somehow?

I'll see what I can find... give me a minute or two please...

Inventor Professional
Message 5 of 8
jeanchile

I got this information from the weld bead report (weld tab in a weldment file). Will this work for you or do you still need the part number? It doesn't have a way to tie this info to the drawings automatically AKAIK but smarter people than I populate this board by the thousands. Somebody can probably come up with something I imagine.

Inventor Professional
Message 6 of 8
android_mike
in reply to: jeanchile

Thanks for the reply, i done that weld report too but is there a way to edit that excel sheet automaticly when you produce the weld report?

and i see you had like a chain attached to your drawing how would you go about drawing a chain?

Message 7 of 8
jeanchile

AFAIK there ins't a way to customize the report automatically on export if that is what you are asking. I am basing that solely on the fact that I didn't see any options for customization in the export dialog box. Perhaps there is something in the styles library but I would doubt it.

The chain I actually got from one of the posts here. Do a search for chain and you should come up with several options.

Good luck!

Inventor Professional
Message 8 of 8
cwhetten
in reply to: jeanchile

I'm not an expert with the weldment functionality in Inventor, but it looks like from that bead report screenshot jeanchile posted that each weld has an ID.  I would imagine that this ID comes from the feature name in the browser.

So perhaps you could rename the feature to the part number that you want.  For instance, instead of "Fillet Weld 3", name it "1097BA3" or whatever.  Then your part numbers will come across into your excel report.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report